16. The Red Dragon

"Never take someone's feeling as a joke, you don't know how much it hurt"

---

Flashback start....

20 years ago...

Maddie and Five were in Maddie's room. They were laying on the floor next to each other with their heads tipped a little bit to the side, so they were almost touching each other while they were just looking at the ceiling.

And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now

They always did this every night before they went to bed.

"Okay, my turn" Five said and think for a bit, "I have one. If you could choose to be any animal in the whole world, what kind would you be and why?" he asked "I will choose to be an eagle" she said "Why?" he asked "Because when I see one, I always imagine what it would be like to be up there flying in the sky. To go wherever you want, not have many enemies, don't have to worry about much, not having anyone telling you what to do. Be free" she said.

And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
And sooner or later, it's over
I just don't wanna miss you tonight

Five turned his head to look at her as she let out a sigh, "It must be wonderful, being free like that. I can't wait to get the hell out of here, if it was legal to live alone when you are under 17, I would have moved out a long time ago and travel around the world. I can't wait to turn 17, as soon as I have turned 17, I'm out of here. I want to see the world, and then after that, live in a nice and peaceful neighborhood. I don't know, I just want to live my own life, without having anyone to ruin or control it, make my own choices. I want to live in a beautiful house, that is built on a place with a beautiful landscape, where I can wake up every morning and see the sunrise and in the evening see the sunset over the mountains or the ocean, a place that is beautiful all the time of the year, a place where I can lie on the grass and looked at the stars every night, a place where there is peace and quite, that is my dream" she said and took a deep breath and looked at Five who was looking her.

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

"That sound like a wonderful dream" he said "Yeah" she said before she looked back up at the ceiling "Just because we got raised and grew up here, doesn't mean we have to spend the rest of our life here" she said.

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah, you bleed just to know, you're alive