12. As long as you live

"Every year teaches us two things. No one is permanent and life has to move on"

 No one is permanent and life has to move on"

---

Maddie and Freddy was in their room cleaning their wounds when it knocked on the door and Allison walked in "Hey" she said "Hey" Maddie said "There's something you two have to see" Allison said.

Allison, Luther, Freddy and Maddie was looking at their mom that was gone. Her arm was cut opened and the wires in her arms was cut over.

Maddie tried to hold her tears back. Her mom was gone, the woman that have taking care of her and the others every since they were four years old, she was the one who gave them their names, she raised them, gave them food, read for them, she did everything a mom should do for her kids.

Maddie wipe a tear away from her eye before she took a deep breath and looked at Freddy "I need to find Five" she said "Then go, I will stay here" Freddy said and Maddie let out a small smile before she turned around and left.

"The two guys last night, the ones with the masks...They did this to her. It has to do with Five somehow. I mean, they were looking for him" Allison said "I know I was arguing to turn Grace off, but it doesn't make seeing her like this any easier" Luther said "Poor Diego. I mean, this is gonna be so hard on him" Allison said "Yeah, it's hard on all of us" Luther said and was about to walk away "Luther..." Allison said "Yeah?" he asked "Are you okay? You know you can talk to me" Allison said "I don't want to discuss it" Luther said and was about to walk away but Allison stopped him "Hey, no. Don't do that. Don't shut me out. When I left, you were still...I mean, what...what happened?" Allison asked "Dad sent me on a mission. And it went, um...badly. I almost died. He saved my life" Luther said "Uh...Why didn't you tell me?" Allison asked and Luther let out a sigh "I...I could have helped you through it" Allison said "I was fine. All right? I am fine. I don't need any help" Luther said "People are attacking our family. I mean, come on. Talk to me" Allison said as she was about to put her hand on Luther's cheek but he grabbed her wrist "I can't. I...Please. Just leave me alone" Luther said before walking away.

---

It didn't take long before Maddie found Five.

She spotted him hiding behind a tree as he was looking at a building.

"What are you doing?" she asked causing Five to jump a little bit "Jesus" he said as he turned around "No, is just me" Maddie said and Five let out a small smile.

But then he spotted the cut on her lip and her forehead "What happen?" he asked worried as he put her face in his hands "Those two agents arrived at the Academy looking for you, but found us instead, they put on for a fight, but we made it" Maddie said "I should have been there" Five said as he removed his hands "No. They would have killed you and this was more important and we handel it" Maddie said.

"You should have stayed here, I should have done something, I should---" but Five got cut off when Maddie grabbed his hands "There was nothing you could have done, I'm glad you weren't there, because then you didn't get hurt. I'm fine, alright" Maddie said as she put her hand on Five's cheek and they looked at each other as Maddie let out a smile.