4. Accuse and thunder

"Sometimes the strongest among us are the one who smile through silent pain, cry behind closed doors and fight battles nobody knows about"

---

The siblings were in the living room all sitting in an awkward silence as none of them had eye contact.

Except for Vanya and Maddie, none of them was sitting next to each other.

Vanya was sitting on the couch and Luther was sitting on another couch while Diego and Allison was sitting on a chair each, across each other.

Maddie was sitting next to Vanya, and Freddy was standing leaning against a pillar while Klaus was behind the bar making himself a drink.

The whole living room was so quiet that you could hear the fire crackling in the fireplace.

"Um..." Luther said and got up from the couch as you could hear Klaus pouring a drink "I guess we should get this started" Luther said and Maddie looked at him.

"So, I figured we could have a sort of memorial service in the courtyard at sundown. Say a few words at Dad's favorite spot" Luther said "Dad had a favorite spot?" Allison asked "You know, under the oak tree. We used to sit out there all the time. None of you ever did that?" Luther asked "I don't know if you have forgot but dad hated the rest of us. You know that right?" Maddie asked.

Luther was about to say something when Klaus walked over to the couch Vanya and Maddie was sitting on. He was holding a drink and their dad's ashes in his hand and a lit cigarette in the other, "Will there be refreshments? Tea? Scones? Cucumber sandwiches are always a winner" he said.

"What? No. Put that out. Dad didn't allow smoking in here" Luther said, but Klaus just rolled his shoulders.

"Is that my skirt?" Allison asked and pointed at the skirt that Klaus had on.

Maddie looked at Klaus and noticed that he had changed out his pants he had earlier and have change them into a black skirt.

"What?" Klaus asked as he put down dad's ashes and turned to look at Allison "Oh, yeah, this. I found it in your room. It's a little dated, I know, but it's very breathey on the bits" he said causing Maddie to let out a small laugh.

"Listen up. Still some important things that we need to discuss, all right?" Luther said "Like what?" Diego asked "Like the way he died" Luther said "And here we go" Maddie said, rolling her eyes "I don't understand. I thought they said it was a heart attack" Vanya said as Klaus sat down next to her "Yeah, according to the coroner" Luther said "Well, wouldn't they know?" Maddie asked "Theoretically" Luther said "Theoretically?" Allison asked confused "I'm just saying, at the very least something happened. The last time that I talked to Dad, he sounded strange" Luther said.

"Oh, quelle surprise!" Klaus said as he had his head leaned back while gurgling, "Strange how?" Allison asked "He sounded on edge. Told me I should be careful who to trust" Luther said "Luther, he's a paranoid, bitter old man who was starting to lose what was left of his marbles" Diego said while getting up from the chair before stepping closer to Luther.