7. The truth and flashback

"The strongest people make time to help others even if they're struggling with their own personal problems"

---

Maddie stopped the car in front of her house before her and Five stepped out of the car and he looked at her house.

It was bigger than he had expected.

"What?" Maddie asked as soon as as she saw the look Five's face had "You live here?" he asked "Yeah" she said "It's not what I expected" he said "What did you expect, that I was living in a cardboard box under a tree in a park?" Maddie asked and Five let out a chuckled "No" he said.

Maddie pulled up her keys and opened the door before they entered.

As soon as she entered she whistled "What are you doing?" Five asked "Just wait" she said and a few seconds later, the sound of a door that opened was heard and Freddy walked out before he looked down at them from upstairs and whistled back before him and Maddie smiled to each other.

"You two still doing that" Five said with a smile "We are still doing that" Maddie said and Five smiled. He was glad that the whistled things haven't changed, and they were still doing it even after he disappeared.

Freddy then walked downstairs towards them "Good you both are here, I was getting wor--" he said but stopped himself when he saw that Five had a cut on his arm "What happen?" he asked worried "He will be fine. Would you mind getting the first aid kit?" she asked "Of course not" Freddy said and took off to get the first aid kit.

Five's eyes widened as he saw how huge the house was inside as they walked into the living room.

"Wow" he said "Impressive?" she asked "Yeah, how did you afford this?" Five asked "Once a week, Fred and I visit a bar called 'The Golden fish' You asked them about work and they give you a golden card with only a name and a last name on, someone they want to disappear or making them stop doing what they have being accuse of. They actually pay you good, if you do a good job" Maddie said "You are an assassin?" Five asked "No, I am a person that do a job that make other people feel safe again and if I was an assassin, then I only kill bad guys. Because I don't mind killing to save someone else's life especially if it someone I love. Sometimes is kill or be killed" Maddie said "Understandable" Five said.

"When dad kicked me out, he told me that he wouldn't allow me to used any more of his money and I told him that I could make it without his money, but he just laughed at me, telling me good luck. But as you can see I have prove him wrong, I can take care of myself" Maddie said "I have seen that" Five said with a smile.

It didn't take long before Freddy came back with the first aid kit and Five sat down on the couch as Maddie sat down on a chair close to him.