3. A family reunion

"Be loyal to your future not your past"

---

Maddie stopped her car in front of the Academy "You know what, I think I will stay here" Freddy said "Why?" Maddie asked "Reginald isn't my father, so I think is best if I stay here" he said "Stop that. Yeah, he wasn't your father, he wasn't my real father either, but so what, you are a member of the Umbrella Academy and a member of the family, so you have just as much right to come to the funeral as the others have" Maddie said before they looked at each other and smiled "Come on, let's go" she said before both her and Freddy stepped out and looked at the huge Academy in front of them.

"Here we go again" Maddie said and sighed "I don't really want to go to the funeral. He ruined our childhood, gave us trauma. He is the reason behind our PSTD" she said "See it on the good side, now we get to see the others again" Freddy said and Maddie smiled "Yeah, we do. I have missed them" she said "So have I" Freddy said before they walked towards the door.

As Maddie entered, she began looking around the place. The old furniture was still here, everything was still the same "Well, it seems like nothing have change, it all still look the same" she said "Yeah" Freddy said as he looked around.

But then Maddie stopped halfway down the hallway. She spotted a single picture hanging on the wall. It was a picture of the family or what was left of it. Her and her siblings was not older than 16 at the time.

Maddie and her siblings were all standing in their academy suits and their domino mask on.

Reginald Hargreeves was standing in the corner of the picture, while Allison was standing in front of him, Luther was standing next to her and Maddie was standing in front of Luther while Klaus and Diego was standing on each side of her. Other than Reginald, Maddie was the only one that wasn't really smiling. But still she had each arm around Klaus' and Diego's shoulders while they were all looking at the camera. Five was not in the picture since this was taking after he disappeared. The picture was taking before most of the others moved out and after Ben died.

Freddy wasn't in the picture since Reginald said that he wasn't part of the family and therefore there was not a single picture of him in the house. Even so Freddy went on some missions with Maddie and the others, Reginald still didn't gave him his own room, and he still wasn't allow on any of the pictures.

Reputation and a satisfying public appearance were Reginald's priorities. As a matter of fact, the closest he would get to Maddie and the others would be during their press times when they were obligated to take photos. If it wasn't that, he was keep a safe physical and emotional distance from them.

"I will say that is actually a good picture of you and the others, but it will being better if Reginald wasn't there and if Five and Ben was in it as well" Freddy said as he was standing next to Maddie, looking at the picture "Doesn't it bother you that you are not in it, that you are not in any of those fotos that was taking of all of us?" Maddie asked as she was looking at him.