Six

"You look... Wrecked," my best friend said the second I closed the door behind me. Sighing, I kicked off my shoes and fell down beside her on the couch. "Must've been one hell of a meeting." She grabbed the remote off the table, waking up Miss Kitten who was asleep on her lap, and pressed the pause button.

"Two and a half hours," I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "Two and a half hours of Ryder trying to convince this small fitness representatives that they should hand their company over to Jackson Inc. instead of some other company. It was torture."

"Ryder?" Carrie asked, eyebrows pushed together. She stared at me while her fingers curled through Miss Kitten's fur, making her purr where she lay. "You're on first name basis with him already?" She chuckled lightly but then suddenly got serious again as she reached out to brush my hair behind my shoulder. "Wait," she said, running a finger over my skin. I winced lightly. "Is that– oh my God, Belle, is that a hickey?"

When I didn't immediately answer, she gasped and slapped my shoulder playfully. "Oh my God it is! Belle did you, did you do him?!"

I knew there was no point in lying to her because I was sure by now it was written all over my face, so I decided to give her what she wanted. I smiled at her while I bit down on my bottom lip. "I did," I squealed, nodding my head slowly.

"Okay, you have to tell me everything!"

"Wait where, where's Brody?" I asked, suddenly noticing her boyfriend was nowhere in sight even though I knew he was gonna spend the weekend here.

"He's in the shower. Don't change the subject. Spill girl."

"First," I started, eyeing her glass of wine on the coffee table, "I want one of those."

Carrie immediately jumped up from the couch after putting her kitten on the ground. She looked up at Carrie and meowed at her in confusion. "Already on it! Start talking!" She said while I heard her open the fridge and pull out a glass to get me some wine.

"Okay, fine," I sighed. "It was, well obviously we'd been stuck in a conference room for over two hours. After he let the people from Go Fit out, we finished the Chinese we'd ordered during the meeting and–"

"And you fucked his hot ass on the conference room table?" Carrie asked as she handed my glass of wine to me and grabbed her own off the table.

"No." I took a sip from my wine. "We grabbed our stuff and we headed out. We were apparently the only two people left in the building. And when we got into the elevator it... Froze. It stopped a couple seconds after it started its descend. Ryder called security and it turned out they were doing maintenance on the elevators or something and they shut them all down. Even the cameras were turned off... It just, well so there we were in an elevator somewhere between I don't know, sixth and seventh floor and–"

"Shit," Carrie breathed.

"And it just, it just... I don't know we were in that tiny little space and he just, well we both caved. He remembered me from last week, Carrie. He remembered me. He called me by the nickname he gave me that night at Trixx. And oh my God it was insane. It was, it was heaven."

"Looks like you joined the mile high club," my best friend said with a wink as she took another sip from her wine.

"Not exactly a plane, Care. Or mile high." I snorted and shook my head.

"I am so proud of you, Belle. Oh my God you're finally letting out the vixen I always knew was inside you. Thank God Wayne is out of the picture. He was only holding you back. Sexually and well, for everything really."

Sighing, I twirled my glass around in my hands. "Actually he's not as much out of the picture as I'd like."

"What?" Carrie blinked a me. "What do you mean?"