Thirty Seven

“It’s kind of ironic though,” I said when we walked back into his apartment. I was full from breakfast, having eaten entirely too much. People had been right – the eggs benedict at Margot were amazing. And after those, Ryder insisted on splitting some cake. By then, Wayne was practically full-on glaring at us.

“What is?” Ryder asked, closing the door behind him. He threw his keys on the table by the door and kicked off his shoes, leaving him barefoot.

“The fact that your ex is now seeing my ex and we’re seeing each other.”

He laughed as he started to unbutton his shirt. I stared at him, following his fingers with my eyes as they moved down the length of his torso, skillfully unbuttoning the light blue material covering his chest. “I suppose it is.” He shrugged his shirt off his shoulders and tossed it aside.

My mouth started watering at the sight of his naked skin. I’d seen it about a hundred times already but the sight of his toned body never failed to make my body purr for him.

“What are you doing?” I asked when he started working on getting his pants off.

He didn’t respond. He simply pushed his jeans down his legs and stepped out of them, kicking them aside. I stared at him as his thumbs slipped inside the waistband of his boxers and pulled them down as well. He was standing in front of me in all his naked glory, smirking at me.

“Naked Sundays,” he said when he walked over to me and lifted my arm to reach the concealed zipper at the side of my dress. With his eyes locked on mine, he slowly moved the zipper down.

It was a simple gesture. It was a basic gesture, but nothing about this moment felt basic or simple. His eyes, dark with lust, looked down into mine, locking them in a stare that was impossible to break. It was as if they were connected by an invisible wire.

I could feel my heart beating wildly in my throat as I opened my mouth, my breaths coming out ragged and quickly. The room was dead silent and I was sure he could hear the rapid thumping of my heart.

Once the zipper was down, I lifted my hands up so he could pull the dress over my head. He sucked in a breath when he stared at my now lingerie-clad body. I was wearing a bright red lace demi-cup bra with matching panties. It wasn’t anything overly sexy, but I knew the demi-cups drove him wild. And so did the lace.

He remained silent as he reached behind my back and skillfully undid the clasp of my bra. I’d expected him to stare at my chest once he’d removed the bra, but his eyes remained locked on mine as he chucked it aside to join the rest of our clothing. Even when he started to push my panties down my thighs he didn’t break eye contact.

I shimmied out of my panties with a giggle and once they were around my ankles, I kicked them off. The second I was completely bare in front of him, he crashed his lips to mine and lifted me up in one swift motion. My legs curled around his waist and I felt him start to move.

I had an idea where he was taking us, but when he opened the door and set me down on a cold surface, I realized I’d been wrong. He wasn’t bringing me into the bedroom. He’d taken me into the bathroom. “What are we doing here?” I asked in confusion when he broke the kiss.

Smiling, he ran his hand through my hair and then moved away from me. I immediately missed the warmth of his body pressed against mine. He moved towards the big bathtub and turned on the faucet. “We’re taking a bath together,” he stated matter-of-factly as he made his way back over to me.

“I showered this morning,” I said as he picked me up and carried my naked frame over to the tub.

“I know you did. But you’re dirty.” He gently lowered me into the warm water and I sighed at the feel of it against my bare skin.