One

The second I walked through the front door, two pairs of eyes stared at me wondrously. My best friend Carrie was the first to speak. "Well?" she asked, getting up from the couch and making her way over to me," how did it go?"

"Yeah Belle," her boyfriend Brody yelled from where he remained seated, his eyes already glued back to the TV, "how'd it go?"

Sighing, I closed the door behind me and threw my keys onto the dinner table along with my purse. I knew Carrie wanted nothing more than to know how the interview went, but I took my time taking off my blazer - which Carrie insisted on but I knew I shouldn't have worn considering it was pretty warm outside. I slowly kicked off my shoes, happy to get out of the high heels and pulled out the ribbon holding up my long brown hair.

"Belle!" she whined, moving to stand in front of me. She grabbed both my shoulders and shook me hard with each word she spoke next. "How did it go?" When I looked at her she immediately let me go and took a few steps back. She narrowed her eyes at me, trying to read the expression on my face. "It didn't go well, did it?" she said softly. "Oh my God are they crazy? You graduated magna cum laude at one of the best business colleges in, fuck, the entire country! What kind of idiot would not hire you? Jesus."

"Carrie," I chuckled with a small shake of my head, "calm down." I walked over to the fridge and grabbed myself a beer, holding it up with my eyebrows raised in silent question. Both Carrie and Brody declined. Carrie because she was too preoccupied with the job interview she thought I blew and Brody because he apparently had one already.

"How can you even be so calm right now?"

"Carrie, Carrie, babe," I spoke as I put my beer on the table and placed my hands on her shoulders, much like she had done to me only seconds ago and forced her to look at me. "The interview was fine, alright. They just have a lot of other candidates to consider. They're gonna call in about two hours to let me know if I got it or not."

"So you didn't blow it?"

"Well, I hope I didn't," I laughed, reaching for my beer and taking a sip. Carrie raised her eyebrow at me and gave me a look that said she obviously didn't think it was funny. "Oh come on Carrie. It's one interview. It's my first one after graduating. Excuse me for being nervous as fuck. Besides, this is a huge company and it's for an executive assistant. Do you really think they're gonna hire a newly college graduate for that? That's a really important position to put someone with zero experience."

"But Belle, you don't have zero experience. You went to France for a year to intern for a big magazine. I mean, you told them that, right?"

"Of course I did. I'm not an idiot. I just, let's just wait and see, okay? Like I said, it's my first interview after graduating. Can't expect it to go right from the first try."

"Okay, I guess you're right. Just know that no matter what, we're going out tonight. Either we're gonna get drunk to forget or get drunk in celebration."

"Alright," I laughed, taking another sip from my beer.

"Now come on, watch a movie with us." Smiling, she grabbed my arm and pulled me to the couch. "Brody, move over." She practically pushed her boyfriend out of the couch as she forced him to scoot over to make room for me. Carrie squeezed herself in-between us and opened the catalogue on the TV so we could pick a movie to watch.

Later that night, I was in my bedroom, finishing up my makeup. Carrie had kept her promise to take me out tonight regardless of the results. But luckily, we could go out to celebrate because when I got the call from the HR Manager, she told me that the job was mine. She'd discussed it with some other people and they all seemed impressed by me.