62

Soana felt refreshed that morning she awoke. Although her throat was sore from her and Sueh singing songs last night at the bonfire, she thought it was worth it to hear the sounds of childish laughter as they danced joyously.

After getting ready for the day, the princess went downstairs to join Arnook, Iroh, and Fire Lord Zuko for breakfast.

"G'morning, my daughter." Arnook beamed, seeing his daughter looking refreshed.

"G'morning, everyone." She breathed and took her spot that was once Yue's, across from Iroh.

A platter of porridge had been placed in front of her by a servant who she nodded to before they disappeared into the servant's quarters.

"You seem very well rested." Iroh stated.

She chuckled, grabbing her utensils to use for her porridge.
"I think singing at the bonfire really wore me out. My throat hurts terribly."

"Maybe some of my new tea brew from my shop will help. Don't ask my nephew for his opinion of it. I believe I am a man ahead of my time."

The Fire Lord smiled softly at the princess.
"Have you thought about my offer?"

Before she could dive into her breakfast, she sighed and gave Zuko the side eye.

"I have." She answered, making Iroh squint his eyes at his nephew for asking.
"My friends are very keen of the proposal and are very eager to join me for the journey, however, I feel as though I'm not ready to lead a country, let alone a tribe."

Arnook looked at her sympathetically.
"Soana, I've noticed a change in you when you came back just the year before. You're more than just my brave little waterbender. You're a strong leader and that trait is not only something you're born with, but it's also something you acquire over time. I understand these are my words, but I truly believe you can lead this city to great things."

Soana bowed her head to her father and softly grinned.

Arnook reached his hand over and placed it over hers.
"You have your mother's beauty, but you have the makings of a legendary leader. I've known this since the day of your birth."

"You really think so?" She asked.

"I know I do."
He gave her hand a squeeze.

She inhaled slowly then looked to Zuko.
"Okay." She muttered, nodding.
"I'll do it."

•