27

Days past where Soana and Zuko grew distant. So far apart that the only time they saw each other was when they went to bed, and even then they never fell asleep peacefully.

Soana knew Zuko was pushing himself away to the point she was seeing a woman with black hair at his side rather than herself. She felt heartbroken by the sight of him with another woman, but what did it matter to her? She was merely his wife in love with someone who was gone among the rest of her friends.

Ever since the day the Fire Nation conquered Ba Sing Se, she hadn't heard word from Yuri, Reid, Sueh, or Iroh. She was alone in a world that Zuko thought was perfect.

So to make her life even more of a perfect mess, Soana was sent a teacher of etiquette.
The days were full of etiquette classes and afternoon tea with a few acquainted ladies of Firelord Ozai where they would converse about their morning in such a dramatic way.

Gossip and small talk was never something for Soana to partake in. She hated talking about hair and makeup with women who she barely knew -She only trusted Sueh and Yuri with that sort of topic-.

After a day wasted as a simple princess, Soana was strolling her way through the corridors to explore until she came across Azula. She hid her emotions rather well when she first saw her.

They were about to pass each other until Azula made herself cross over with the princess.

"Hello, Princess Soana." She said. The tone in her voice sounded like she was up to no good.

"G'day, Azula." Soana bowed to be polite, however, it was not out of respect.

Azula crossed her arms behind her back and smirked.
"How have you liked your stay in the capital so far?"

"It's quite nice. Thank you." Soana said as kindly as she could.

"I've noticed you and my brother haven't been attached to the hip lately. How so?"

Soana gulped and kept a straight face.
"I don't understand what you're talking about." She lied.

Azula hummed.
"What a pity. I thought you would know all the scandals in the castle considering I see you always have afternoon tea with quite a few of my father's lady friends."

"Princess, forgive me, but I do not understand." Soana hurried her words before Azula took a step close to her.

"You understand perfectly." Azula remarked.
"You understand my brother, Zuzu, is having an affair with my friend Mai. Everyone knows about it. They both fell in love before you came into the family portrait. Poor Mai. She was so upset when she had been told my brother was to wed another. She knew he would be miserable, married to you and all, so she waited until the time was right. Now she has him wrapped around her skinny little finger again."

She took a deep breath to exaggerate.

"It's funny how things took such a turn for you. You have no one. No family or friends to keep you company. Your father is far too busy keeping charge of the North Pole and your only sibling is dead."

"My friends will come for me." Soana muttered.

Azula heard the princess' response and chuckled.