51

Soana groaned audibly as she awoken in a soft bed with a familiar musty smell

Soana groaned audibly as she awoken in a soft bed with a familiar musty smell. Her eyes fluttered open to a red and gold embroidered canopy with white shear curtains.

She let her eyes scan the room before pushing herself to sit up slightly. She winced and hissed at the pain in her shoulder. She bit the inside of her cheek to relieve the throbbing pain that was taking over her harshly.

She let herself fall back into the soft, dirty pillows , groaning in pain.

"Oh, maybe I should tell you not to sit up so fast." She heard a deep voice.

She sighed, knowing who it was.
"The last I saw of you, you were lava bending in the middle of an ambush."

She turned her head slightly to see Gato sitting in an old chair with his feet propped on the bed, filing down his fingernails with a nail file.

He flicked the nail dust off of the file, smirking.
"And I can do it again if I have to."

She sighed.
"Where are we?"

"Ember Island. We're in the Fire Lord's abandoned beach house. You should know since you and Zuko apparently spent the night in it."

She rolled her eyes.
"Is everyone okay?" She asked.

"If you mean everyone made it out of the Western Air Temple alive, then yes. Everyone's okay. Well, everyone except you. You, my friend, got hit with a piece of shrapnel and by the looks of it, I'd say you're doing alright."

"I'm in pain." She grumbled.

"Pain is normal. It means you're alive."

She sighed.
"Who do I have to thank for healing me?"

"Me and Katara. I got the bits out then she healed your wound."

Her eyes widened, looking beneath the covers to see that she was only in her bandages that wrapped around half of her torso and part of her arm.

"Relax, Princess." Gato huffed.
"I didn't see anything I wasn't suppose to."

She groaned.
"Let's not talk about that. Who all is here with us? Surely there has to be someone else from the group here."

Gato took a deep breath and went back to filing his nails.
"Sokka and Suki are here. Obviously Katara's here cause if she wasn't then you'd be dead. Aang is too, so is Toph and Zuko."