44

"There it is!" Zuko announced to Sokka and Soana

Soana finished pulling the water from nearby clouds to refill her water pouches incase of any danger that comes their way.

"Huh!" Sokka shocked himself awake.

The couple ignored Sokka's rude awakening and stared at the volcano-like prison that was admitting steam in the air.

"There's enough steam to cover us. As long as we're quiet, we should be able to navigate through it without being caught." Zuko informed.

Growing closer to the steam, Soana could feel her throat closing due to the worry of getting caught. However, she knew Zuko was right. The steam gave them enough cover to easily let themselves glide into the volcano.

Zuko bended more fire into the furnace to get the war balloon to go higher, but the second the three were caught in the steam, small puffs of flames were all that were powering them until the flames went out, making them glide through the steam at a fast pace.

"We're going down!" Soana stated.

"The balloons not working." Zuko shot more flames by using each hand.

Sokka looked above, seeing the balloon's material flapping in the wind.
"The air outside is just as hot as the air inside, so we can't fly."

Zuko was determined to have the balloon staying in the air, so he attempted to bend more flames into the balloon, however, the balloon now was flying blind.

The balloon shifted slightly, making Zuko stumble and crash into Soana.

She yelped due to the pressure of having Zuko falling against her unexpectedly.

"What are we suppose to do?" Zuko questioned, laying his hand on Soana's arm to keep her at his side.

"I don't know. Crash landing?" Sokka suggested.

"This plan was so well thought out." Soana said sarcastically in the midst of the danger ahead.

Suddenly Soana's body was thrown back, causing her head to jerk and water to splash on the arm of her tunic.

She helped and hissed at the feeling as the balloon's basket skidded on the surface of the water until it reached landing, immediately throwing the three out in the hard rock.

Zuko held his head as Sokka sputtered dirt and rock from his mouth. Soana held her bicep, feeling the skulking hot water burn her deeply.