Chapter 14 - Last conversations

REWRITTEN
_______________

I decided to split the last chapter in two because I wanted to add more scenes that I'm sure many of you wanted.

Although the presence of the old headmaster had been expected - the old students and heroes couldn't stop the sharp inhale of surprise seeing the wizard standing before them.

Same gentle smile, same twinkle in his blue eyes as if things had never changed. It seemed like a lifetime ago for most of them.

"Professor Dumbledore," Harry finally found himself speaking, greeting the headmaster with a genuine smile and tilt of his head.

"Harry," Dumbledore replied with a fond smile. "Seems like my worries for you were for nothing. You've grown up perfectly fine, I see."

Harry chuckled, not denying the words as he nodded. "Indeed I have, thanks to you and everyone else."

"Now I'm certain that's not true," the old wizard never lost his smile as his gaze continued to the others beside him. "Ah, Mrs. Granger, how wonderful to see you again. Or Mrs. Weasley I presume?"

Hermione, who's smile had widened into a warm grin didn't bother to conceal her happiness. "Mrs. Weasley," she confirmed. "It's nice to see you this young and still going, professor," Hermione teased, making the headmaster let out a hearty laugh.

"Ah yes, although I'm sure age will catch up with me very soon," he said, almost looking knowingly at heroes. "Now, I do hope your presence tells us you have found a way home?"

"Yes, of course," Harry nodded, seriousness taking over his features in a single second. "We wouldn't have risked coming here otherwise."

"Good," the headmaster sighed, relief filling his mind knowing the children had a way back and away from the claws of Voldmort and his followers terrorising their country. "Is it a spell that will take you back?"

It was Hermione who stepped up to reply. "The spell itself it quite simple, however it requires a fair amount of concentration, or else I could risk sending all of us to a worse place. The spell will be powered by a box the Ministry itself has given us. It is identified with everyone's wands in this room, and by tapping it, it should send us all of us back home safely."

There was a stunned silence as majority of the room stared at the brown haired witch perplexed.

"That sounds rather complicated than simple, Mrs. Granger," Mcgonagall said after a moment of thinking, her maiden name slipping out from habit.

"There's no need to worry, professor. The future has evolved in many ways, spellwork included. There are a great deal of complicated spells now that were never possible before. And this is not one of them," Hermione assured her old professor with what she hoped was a believable smile.

"This certainly feels like school again," George couldn't help but mutter to Harry, who did the best to hide his smirk.

Freddie and James who stood nearby and heard the comment, both snickered underneath their breaths together - earning a wink in reply from the older twin.

"Does that mean we're leaving now?" Lily's voice spoke up hesitantly, looking at her father with sad eyes.

Harry gave his daughter a sympathetic look.  "The sooner we get home, the safer, Lilykins."

"But daddy can't we stay a bit longer, please?"

Nearly everyone in the room could see that Harry Potter's little girl had him tightly wrapped around her finger, the sight of the head auror pausing in his words and decision at her gentle pleading to prolong the stay.