Chapter 10 - The truth is out

_____REWRITTEN_____

"Al, stop it will you!" Freddie grumbled out annoyed, as Albus' head snapped up and the tapping of his foot against the hardwood floor stopped. He didn't even know he was doing it. 

"Thank merlin," Rose sighed. "It was getting frustrating."

"Sorry, I can't help it," he mumbled, and quickly picked up a book on the table next to him, pretending to read it. 

Rose frowned at his mood. "Al, are you alright?" she asked.

"I'm fine," the youngest Potter male responded curtly. Returning to stare at his opened book blankly. 

"You know, I would have believed you," Rose mused, making Albus glance up. "If your book wasn't upside down," She pointed out, as he looked down and saw that she was right.

"I was distracted," Albus said lamely. 

"Cut the crap, what's wrong?" She demanded.

"There's nothing wrong!" he replied quickly. 

Freddie scoffed amused at him. "We all know how bad you are at lying to family members."

Al glowered at his cousin. "It worked pretty well yesterday on gran," he retorted without thinking, before realizing his mistake with wide eyes. 

"What?" Rose asked suspiciously. "Why would you even need to lie to gran?"

"Nothing!"

"Albus Severus Potter!" Rose snapped. "If there is something seriously wrong, we need to know it!"

It was at that moment Molly decided to come into the room from the kitchen, and she quickly noticed the tense situation. 

"What is going on in here?" She asked looking at the three in the living room. 

Most of the teenagers from the future had joined Sirius to meet Buckbeak upstairs, so they weren't present to witness the small spat. Thank merlin for that. Molly and Victoire had both teamed up to be the 'mothers' of the group without any words. And the other knew it as well. It was such a usual thing for them to do. Neither of them wanted to put all the responsibility on Teddy, who for the first time in his life had the chance to spend it with his parents. It was the least they could do. 

"Nothing," Albus replied, just as the same time Rose blurted out; "He's hiding something!"

Molly looked back and forth between the two with a narrowed gaze, before settling them on her younger male cousin. "What are you hiding, Al?"

His eyes widened. "Why do you believe her and not me?!" he exclaimed incredulously. 

"Because she's Rose," the older girl raised an eyebrow. "Now spit it out before I make you."

"You wouldn't."

"Don't test me Albus Severus," Molly warned him. 

Albus seemed to go through a struggle as he gritted his teeth. "I can't tell you," he admitted.

"What is so important that you can't tell us, mate?" Freddie questioned with eyebrows raised as he leaned forward with his elbows on his knees. 

"It's about Lily," Teddy's voice suddenly cut in and everyone turned to see him leaning against the kitchen doorway. 

"What about Lily?" Rose slowly. 

"She's been having nightmares again," Teddy replied, as two gasps and a curse from Freddie were heard.

"What?" Molly asked disbelieving. "Are you sure?"