Breakfast, flowers, and books

* The next morning

Tauriel woke up to the sun shining through her balcony windows. She smiled, it looked like a beautiful day!  Her side did not hurt as much as before so she sat up. No one was in the room. she looked to the side of the bed where a small table was. There was a plate of eggs and smoked venison and a bowl of fresh berries, on the table. a beautiful leaf engraved vase was also on the table with some of her favorite flowers arranged in it, Moon flowers and also a beautiful blue flower that smelled divine.**Legolas did this** she wondered. She picked up the knife and fork and cut the eggs and venison into bite size pieces. she brought a bite up to her lips and placed it in her mouth savoring the wonderful taste. “mmm….” she sighed. This had to be the best meal she had ever eaten. The berries were fresh and juicy, probably coming from the garden. everything was wonderful. she finished eating and waited for a servant to take the dishes away. She picked up one of  the books that was sitting on her nightstand. about an hour later, Legolas lightly knocked on the door.

“Come in.” Tauriel said, laying her book down. Legolas walked in.

“Quel amrun. (good morning)” Legolas said walking over to her bed and pulling a chair over.

“Quel amrun.” Tauriel smiled at him. “Hannon lle, (Thank you) The breakfast was delicious!” Tauriel said.

“Lle Creoso,(your welcome) I picked the berries and the flowers myself.” Legolas said proudly.

“ The flowers were beautiful! The blue one you put in smelled wonderful.”

“ That’s The Anagallis monelli, my favorite flower.” Legolas said.

“Well i think it shall become my favorite flower too.” Tauriel said smiling at Legolas. He smiled back at her.

“What are you reading?” Legolas asked, picking up the book.

“ The Bright World. It’s a book about the middle earth before danger and evil entered. when everyone lived in peace.” Tauriel said.

“sounds like a good book. I will borrow it from you when you finish.” Legolas said handing her the book.

they sat there in silence for a while. Tauriel picked back up her book and began to read. Legolas watched her as her beautiful shining eyes scanned the pages, her delicate hands slowly turning the pages as she read. She glanced up from her book, noticing him staring at her. she smiled, ** i wonder if he really does like me… ** Tauriel thought… ** cause i sure do like him….** They both sat there staring at each other, neither realizing that they were. Legolas snapped out of it first, realizing that Tauriel was staring at him. He smiled. Tauriel noticed the movement and snapped out of her stare.

“What?” Tauriel asked,  seeing his smile.

“you were staring at me.” Legolas said grinning.

“I was?” Tauriel said in an innocent voice.

“Yes. and you were smiling too.” Legolas said. “explanation?”

“um… I appreciated the breakfast, and i was thinking about how much work it must have taken to prepare it.” Tauriel said, not  wanting to reveal her feelings just yet.

“Oh…” Legolas said with a slight sad sound in his voice. **was she actually staring at me cause she likes me? how can i show her i like her back? i thought by now she would have caught on…** he thought. Little did he know that Tauriel was thinking the same thing.

**Maybe he just wants to be really good friends with me… but no there is more than that. I am sure he likes me. I will tell him my feelings and ask him later.** Tauriel thought, holding back a sigh.

TBC