a simple walk gone wrong

A fanfiction story dedicated to the love between Legolas and Tauriel… I have not seen the third hobbit yet nor have I read the books so this is entirely fictional… most of it not anywhere close to the story line of LOTR or the Hobbit movies…

"Tauriel… I would very much like for you to accompany me on a stroll through the gardens…." Legolas asked Tauriel after the elves had eaten breakfast.

"Oh really… well I guess I would not mind a stroll through the gardens…" Tauriel replied smiling at Legolas.

The two elves rose up and went out the door leading to the gardens. As they strolled under the canopy of the trees, they were unaware of an orc following them, preparing himself for the kill.

Legolas walked next to Tauriel glancing down at her hand, wishing more than anything to hold it. Tauriel noticed Legolas's downward glance, and without warning moved her hand into his. Legolas's body tensed feeling her soft hand locking her delicate fingers with his. He glanced at Tauriel with a look of wonder as Tauriel gave him a small smile. They walked in silence for a while, both enjoying the other's company.

"So… what is your favorite flower in the garden?" Legolas asked casually.

"The Ipomoea Alba (otherwise known as the moonflower)." Tauriel replied, "It smells so sweet and it has a brilliant white glow to it at night. Yours?"

"The Anagallis monelli, I have a box of them on my windowsill. Their smell calms me at night." Legolas replied, a peaceful smile on his face. They continued their walk, gazing at all the beauty the garden withheld. Legolas stooped down and gently picked up a beautiful white flower, handing it to Tauriel. Tauriel smiled holding the beautiful moonflower in her hand.

"Hannon lle (thank you)" she said gently placing the flower in her hair.

"Lle creoso (your welcome)" Legolas said smiling at the elf. They continued their walk, talking about the trees and the flowers. They walked to Legolas's favorite tree. An old oak tree that was tall but still had branches low enough for Legolas to reach... Legolas led Tauriel to the tree.

"Come on then!" Legolas said grabbing ahold of one of the lower branches and swinging himself up. Tauriel laughed and gracefully swung herself up on a separate branch. They climbed a bit higher both now gazing at the gorgeous view. Legolas however stopped gazing out at the garden and stared at Tauriel with love in his sparkling eyes.

"I know you're staring at me..." Tauriel said turning around.

"Who... Me?" Legolas responded a look of innocence on his face. Tauriel sighed. For she knew that Thranduil would never approve of his son marrying a simple elf maiden like herself. Legolas sensed Tauriel's distress and reached out a hand to comfort her.

"Do not despair Mellon nin." He said consolingly "my ada has no control over who I choose as my love." Tauriel gazed into his Caring eyes all thought of Thranduil left her mind. Legolas climbed onto the branch Tauriel was sitting on. Suddenly the branch begun to bend unable to hold both their weights. They both scrambled off the branch onto separate branches. Their eyes sparkled as they laughed at the expression of shock they had seen on each other's faces.

"I think the tree wants us to get down." Tauriel said smiling. They both proceeded to climb down the tree back to the safer ground. Little did they know that this ground would not remain safe for long? They continued their walk hand in hand stopping at a beautiful cliff overhanging the river. The orc, which had been following them this whole time, hid himself behind a tree. Their elf senses would have noticed had it not been for the distraction of each other.

"This is one of my favorite places in all of Mirkwood." Tauriel said with a relaxed sigh. "It is even more beautiful at sunset. For the rocks reflect off the setting sun almost sparkling."

Legolas turned smiling at the elf. "Well we will just have to come back out here at sunset then, so you can show me its-" suddenly Legolas's calmed expression turned to one of horror as he saw the orc draw his bow to fire an arrow at Tauriel. Legolas drew his bow and quickly notched an arrow into it letting it loose towards the orc striking the orc threw the heart. It was too late however, as the orc shot the arrow straight towards Tauriel.

"Tauriel!" Legolas screamed. Tauriel turned as the arrow embedded itself in her side. Tauriel screamed and fell to her knees her head bent towards the ground gasping in pain and holding her side. Legolas ran to her. Blood was streaming from the wound where the arrow was embedded deep into her flesh.

"Legolas..." Tauriel said as the world around her blurred and she crumpled to the ground.

"Tauriel!" Legolas cradled her head in his lap.

TBC...