The storm and sickness

Author note: pay no attention to the random pictures that come with the soundtrack.... i could not find any soundscape that sounded good..... :)

Legolas lead Tauriel out to the gardens, both laughing and talking, and planning what they were going to do that afternoon.

“We should go target practicing. We can see who can shoot the most arrows!” Tauriel planned.

“And then we can do some dueling.” Legolas added to their plans. they talked and laughed walking through the gardens away from the palace. the sky started to cloud over as the walked farther into the gardens. suddenly a crack of thunder sounded, and it began to rain. tauriel let out a joyful yelp

“Come on, We have to get inside” Legolas said. they raced laughing back to the palace, hand in hand. By the time they arrived it was pouring and they were soaked from head to toe. Legolas sneezed. a couple of servants got them dry clothes and blankets.

Tauriel laughed, “well mela it looks like we will be staying inside for a while.”

Legolas nodded and sneezed again, slightly shivering.

“Mela nin?” Tauriel asked looking over at her boy friend with concern.

“I’m not used to rain, it never used to rain this close to the palace.” Legolas said. he wrapped himself in the blanket a bit tighter and sneezed again. Tauriel got up and moved to where Legolas sat close to fire. Legolas shivered a bit, and sneezed again, followed by a light cough.

“Leggy, are you sure you are alright?” Tauriel said her eyes filling with concern as she studied her love. Legolas closed his eyes for a second and replied “I am fine, just a bit cold” Tauriel who knew that the room was quite warm, rose to call the healer. “I am fi--.” Legolas tried to protest louder, then he doubled over coughing, his coughs were deep and wet. Tauriel jumped up and ran to get the healer.

“Elrohir!!!” She barged into the room “Legolas and I were out walking when it started to rain. we got back inside and the servants got us warm, but He got sick. He is coughing and sneezing and is cold.” she told the healer quickly.

“Slow down, eleth. I can not understand you.” Elrohir said slowly grabbing his supplies. Tauriel repeated herself a bit slower, and then told him to hurry. he gathered his stuff, and followed her down to the sitting room that legolas was in. Legolas was still doubled over coughing. shaking from head to toe. Elrohir knelt by the prince and put a stethoscope up to his chest. what her heard shocked him. Legolas had gotten pneumonia. Tauriel ran to get King Thranduil, who raced to the room a distressed look on his face. Elrohir had laid Legolas down on the couch and moved it close to the fire trying desperately to get the boy warm.

“What were you thinking taking my son out into the rain. You should have turned back when the sky started to darken!” Thranduil said, not angrily but with disappointment, and concern.

“We were having to much fun to think to notice the sky.” Tauriel defended.

“Really Thranduil it was not their fault. the storm came upon the kingdom in a matter of minutes even if they had turned back, with how much it is raining, legolas would have still gotten sick.” Elrohir defended the young adults/teens. Thranduil relaxed a bit, but then tensed when he heard his son cough and saw water drip to the ground. Legolas groaned and tried to stand up only to find himself collapsing because of all of the coughing .

“Legolas!” Tauriel said running to him as he collapsed on the ground. He was still conscious but his eyes were a bit out of focus.

“Tauriel-- cough--- what is -- cough cough--- happen--ing.” he asked, staring at his girl.

“You have pneumonia Leggy, Elrohir will heal you. please lie down.” Tauriel instructed helping Legolas back onto the couch. Elrohir went to work, making a herbal tea that would dry out the liquid in Legolas’s lungs. He gave it to Legoolas who tried to drink it down, coughing and sometimes choking on it, but they got it down him. Legolas continued coughing holding Tauriel’s hand. he finally coughied himself into passing out, along with the bit of sleeping herbs that Elrohir had put in the tea. Legolas slept soundly although he coughed a whole lot in his sleep.

Author’s note. i ended the chapter just a bit short, but the story was fizzling out, for this chapter. rather my inspiration was. once saturday comes i will write more:)