Chapter 21 ~ Reunited

Wally's POV

I roll out of bed and throw on a red t-shirt with jeans. I do my morning routine and grab my bag. I walked to the cafe where we met on the first trip to the house. I didn't realize it before but this is kinda suspicious that we are going on a trip so early from our winter break. I see Dick and walked up to him,

"Hey Dick." he smiled.

"Hey Wall, we should go ahead and get on the bus." I raised my eyebrow as he pushed me on the bus. I sat in a seat and watched as everyone came on the bus. Fist Megan, then Connor, that Kaldur guy, Cameron, Zatanna, and Artemis. Oh. Shit. Artemis. This was totally a set up. I could see her look for a seat but realized the only one left open was the one next to me. She sat next to me and smiled wearily,

"Uh hey." I said looking at her.

"Hey." She pulled out her headphones and put them in her ears. She sat there while we started driving and was just humming to ever song she listened to. It was like a lullaby for me. I couldn't help but fall asleep.

Time Skipp

After an hour or so I finally woke up. My head was rested on Artemis's shoulder, while her head was laying on top of my head. I smiled, I haven't held her in a long time. It kills me. I slowly moved her head so I wouldn't wake her and placed it on my shoulder.

About an hour later we finally made it to the beach house.

Artemis's POV

I woke up hearing Dick announce we were here. I had a feeling this was a set up as soon as Zee invited me to come. I lifted my head off of Wally's shoulder, ugh I made things more awkward. Wait wasn't his head on my shoulder first? I don't even remember. I picked up my bag and got out of the bus. We all went into the same rooms we were in last time except Connor and Megan shared a room. I sat down my bag and flopped down on my bed. I completely forgot how soft these beds are, I then sprung up and put on a green two piece bathing suit. It had been awhile since i've been able to tan so i'm not missing my chance to now. I walked down to the beach and laid on a towel soaking up all the sun that was shining down.

"Hey Art!" A high pitched voice yelled from across the beach.

"Hey Megan." I didn't sit up, she sat next to me and started talking about random things. I zoned out and looked over to see Wally, Connor, and Dick throwing a football to each other. I noticed Wally glance at me a few times but nothing more than that.

"You miss him." I spun my head back to Megan.

"What?" she laughed.

"It's kind of obvious that you two miss each other. The looks he gives you, I would loveeee if Connor looked at me that way." I sighed.

"Of course I miss him. He's all I think about! But i'm trying to show him that he done something wrong." She got up and stared down at me.

"I know I know, if you think he deserves it maybe give him a second chance." She shrugged and walked over to Connor. I closed my eyes and was startled when a sudden shadow was over top of me. I opened one of my eyes and looked up to see Wally,

"Can I help you with something?" He grabbed my hands and pulled me up to my feet.

"I was tanning ya know." I rolled my eyes.

"Be quiet and come on." He grabbed my hand and dragged me to the log we had sat on when we had our first kiss. He plopped down on it and pulled me to sit down on it as well.

" Why did you bring me over here I was enjoying my-" I was cut off by him smashing his lips against mine. He pulled back and scratched the back of his neck.

"I know I probably shouldn't have down that but I really thought I needed to and" I pulled him closer to me kissing him. He held my waist pulling me closer as I wrapped my arms around his neck. We pulled apart for air while our foreheads rested on each other's,

"I've missed you." I whispered.

"I've missed you more." He pulled me into a tight hug.