Chapter 20 ~ Beach House

Artemis's POV

I woke up and got ready for my early classes. I'm still staying at Zee's, I just can't go back yet. I threw on grey sweater and dark green leggings with some black boots. I grabbed my bag and started walking to the university. I pasted the coffee shop me and Wally met at, we went there everyday before class. I kept walking to my class and finally got there. I took my usual seat in the back and started reading a book.

"Hey gorgeous." I looked up and saw Cameron Makent.

"Hi Cameron." I said looking back down at my book.

"Can I sit next to you?" I rolled my eyes,

"No you can't because i'm sitting there." The redhead hissed at him. I ignored them as they argued who sat next to me. I didn't want ether of them too. Cameron is a pure jerk and well so is Wally. Finally it quieted down as Wally flopped down in the seat next to me.

"Uh hey Arty." I looked at him and then looked back down.

"What book ya reading?" He grabbed it out of my hand and read the title,

" 'Alice and Wonderland' again?" grabbed it back and glared at him.

"Yes, now let me read in peace." he sighs and looks down.

" I miss you so much." He whispered to me. That made my heart sink, I do love this boy so much. But he's hurt me, and I can't just give in easily. I could feel tears forming in my eyes, I wiped them away quickly. He grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

"I hate not being around you 24/7." he looked down still holding my hand.

"you obviously didn't think the same thing while we were together." I jerked my hand away.

"I made a mistake. I'm sorry, I wish I could make it up to you somehow. If I could take it back I would in a heartbeat!" He whisper yelled trying to not make a scene in class.

"But you can't!" I replied in the same tone of voice. He put his head in his hands,

"I love you so much, I just want to be with you again." He said in a scratchy voice as if he were about to cry.

"I love you too, but you've lost all my trust. So I can't be back with you. Until IM ready." He nodded and turned back around to face the teacher.

Wally's POV

I hate the way she looks at me. It's a mix between disgust and anger. I wish she looked at me the way she use to, with pure love and happiness. She's not the only one that looks at me differently. Everyone does now, even Dick. I deserve it though don't I?

"Um are you gonna get up?" I shook my head out of my trance. I turned and looked at Artemis standing beside me.

"Uh yea." I looked around and noticed everyone walking out of the class. She turned around and quickly walked out of the room. I sighed and picked up my bag. It was my only class for the day so I decided to go home. I walked inside the apartment me and Arty use to share, it was so empty without her here. My phone started buzzing I picked it up and answered,

Wally- "Hey Dick."

Dick- "How you doing, Wal?" I sighed.

Wally- " I'm as good as I can be."

D- "Well I called to ask if you wanted to spend the weekend at the beach house."

W- "I guess. I probably should get out of the house more."

D- " We leave tomorrow morning and we'll leave on Sunday night."

W- "I'll see you then."

D- "See ya."

The phone went silent. I guess I should start packing.