Let's Get Physical

"Hey, Daddy, are you doin' anythin' important work right now?" Rose Quartz asked suddenly, startling her Father who was lazily watching Chopped on the couch. 

"No….why?" Bully asked, skeptical.

"I wanna play!" She exclaimed, jumping on her Father.

"If it's dress up, I wanna wear the pink dress this time--" 

"No!" She giggled. "We played dress up yesterday." 

"So….what didja have in mind?" 

"Gym!" She exclaimed. Bully wondered why Rose seemed to have so much energy today. 

"Gym?" 

"Yeah, like this," She said, stretching her arms out and bending them at the elbow.

"Oh! You mean working out in the gym." 

"Yeah!" 

"Well, honey, that's not really a game, working out is serious business  and you can get hurt if you don't do it right." 

"But Daddy," She whined, "Don't you remember yesterday?" 

Yesterday, Rose Quartz had her annual doctor's appointment. In addition, she'd also been examined by a doctor that specializes in monitoring the budding powers and abilities of children. 

During multiple tests and examinations, it had been confirmed that she had Supernatural Strength: Type 1, Enhanced Durability, Enhanced Smell, Sonic Scream, and Surface-Scaling, Gem Illumination, Night Vision, Fire Breath, and it was possible she would develop more abilities as she got older and stronger. The doctor had advised Rose's caretakers to start training her abilities as soon as possible so they didn't have another incident, like the one when she blasted Brigitta off the roof. 

"Well, puddin', you've got a point. I've been waitin' for this day to come." Bully whispered vaguely as he picked up Rose and traveled to the gym within the Palace. Dreyfus, as usual, stood guard at the door. 

"Alright, dollface, close your eyes, I've got a surprise for ya~" Bully instructed and Rose complied, squealing with excitement. 

"You can open your eyes now." Bully said, placing the surprise in Rose's open hands.

When she opened them, she saw that her Father placed a small object that she had seen him use before.

"....What is it?" Rose Quartz asked expectantly. 

"That, Rosie, is a black 100 lb fixed urethane dumbbell, and the other one is right there next to ya." Bully answered. 

Rose Quartz lifted the dumbbell in her hands."But Daddy, the doc said that yesterday I lifted 2,936 pounds. This is way too light." 

"Well, baby, everyone's gotta start somewhere." Bully shrugged. 

"Why can't I just use one of your weight thingies?" Rose asked. 

"Because, honey, my weights are much too big for your smol hands. And besides, your Mum would have a fit if she saw you usin' one of mine. Daddy would get in a lot of trouble, and you don't want Daddy to get in trouble, do ya?" 

"No, I guess not….." Rose Quartz mumbled, disappointed that she had to lift such light weights. At this rate, she'd never get muscles. 

“Aw, chin up Rosie. One of the best parts of exercisin’ is the workout playlist. Then again, you could always just use any regular old playlist, but where’s the fun in that?” Bully explained, going over to the hot pink boombox in the gym. He chose a song, clicked play and a wordless version of Olivia Newton-John’s "Physical" began to play. Even though he liked the song much better with Olivia singing it, he couldn’t play the version for obvious reasons: it was much too inappropriate for little Rosie. Then again, the song never explicitly says anything sexual, so Rose Quartz probably wouldn’t even realize it was inappropriate. But on another note, there was a 99.9% chance she would absentmindely sing the song later--like many people do--possibly in front of her mother who would have a fit if she knew Bully had let Rose listen to a sex song. However, Apple could be one of the many people who still believed the song was about working out and exercising. Nonetheless, Bully wasn’t willing to take that chance.