Rose Chérie

Rose awoke in an unknown place. Well, she knew she was in a horse-drawn carriage, but she didn't know the carriages exact whereabouts. The carriage jostled around, making it hard for Rose to go back to sleep.

"B-Brigitta, are we there yet?" Rose yawned, looking around at her surroundings.

"Almost, baby, just a few more minutes." Brigitta replied. She didn't sound tired, so Rose assumed she'd been awake the entirety of their trip. They'd flown on a private jet from the Rock Candy Mines to the Lémoni International Airport, the only airport in the Meringue Clouds. From there, the pair were taking a carriage to Neféli.

"What time is it?" Rose asked.

"About 7 pm."

Rose peeked outside of the carriage. It was pitch black outside, aside from the light of the lanterns that hung from the carriage. There wasn't much to see anyway...just lots and lots of nature. Rose had never been to such a remote place before, and it never occurred to her that Matera Shariee lived in the countryside. She'd never said so, but then again Rose never really asked.

Eventually, more lights began to appear on the path. They appeared "rhythmically" at a fixed distance apart; they must've been part of the path. When Rose stuck her head out the window a little farther, she could see the lights of the city. After about 20 hours of traveling, they finally made it!

As they entered the city limits, the carriage driver slowed the horses down to a walk. Torches illuminated the city streets and buildings, and Rose became intrigued by all the sights.

All the citizens had beautiful sets of big wings and not one of them had their eyes glued to a tiny screen. They were talking and laughing with each other. Despite Rose's Clout (Greek) lessons prior to her trip, she couldn't really understand anything they were saying but it still made her smile. They passed more people and booths that seemed to be some sort of marketplace. There were so many trees and bushes as well.

"We 'ave arrived in the Chora of Neféli!" The carriage driver announced in a thick Clout accent.

Rose Quartz peered out the window again. There were mostly just a few people, and more trees, rocks, and bushes. Finally, the carriage stopped in front of Matera Shariee's house.

Her house seemed to be the most lavish house in town. Rose thought this made sense: the princess of the kingdom should have the most lavish house. It seemed to be 2 or 3 stories tall. There was a row of 4 columns out front holding up the tile awning.

Brigitta exited the carriage to go ahead and pay the driver what he was due. Rose Quartz got out after her in order to stretch her legs. She stretched her body, glad to be able to walk around. The mountain air was warmer up there than in her native country, which was a pleasant surprise. She'd brought no luggage with her, opting to carry all her belongings within the safety and convenience of her gem.

"Are you ready to meet her?" Brigitta asked, when she came around the carriage. Rose nodded nervously, following Brigitta up the path to Matera Shariee's house.

There was a large wooden door to the side of the house, but there was also a doorway in the center. Rose and Brigitta were unsure which was the entrance, they didn't just want to walk into her house.

"Matera Shariee?" Rose called out. After a few minutes, Rose heard footsteps coming from inside the house.

"Γειά σου?" Rose heard a femenine voice answer as a young girl emerged from the doorway. She had big curly, voluminous hair that reminded Rose of a soft fluffy cloud. She was about as tall as Rose was, which was a surprise to both her and Brigitta. She was also slim and Rose noticed her breasts seemed to be very small, as it looked as if she had none.