New Pearl

(Up top is a quick, simple headshot of Brigitta Parent for reference)

Bully had barely gotten any sleep last night. Before they went to bed the night before, Apple and Bully watched a mini-documentary on Georgia Tann, a prolific human trafficker who ran an unlicensed home that served as a front for black market baby adoptions. It was estimated that she sold a whopping 5,000 babies without getting caught. 

She wasn't alive anymore--she died of cancer--but even so, Bully still worried about what could happen to his precious daughter. Being in the music business himself, Bully knew how dangerous and dark a life of fame could be.

"What's the matter, My Diamond? You seem...troubled." Sakura Pearl asked, interrupting Bully's train of thought.

He sighed deeply."I'm just worried about Rose. She's gotten inta alla this show biz, I'm worried about her safety."

Sakura nodded."Understandable. May I provide a suggestion?" 

Bully shrugged." Go for it." 

Pearl's gem glowed as she summoned Bully's laptop out of it and had him sign in. She typed TheReef.com into the search engine and clicked on the first result. 

"And this is…?" He prompted. 

"Ah yes, in the olden days of Gem culture, the Reef was a frequently used structure, specifically made for the use of Pearl creation, repair, and modification. The structure was equipped with an Artificial Intelligence named She--"

"Ok Pearl, I don't need a history lesson. Why did you bring me here?" Bully interrupted.

She blushed sheepishly and clicked on one of the tabs titled Pre-owned Pearls. "Because we're in more modern times, instead of going to an old building to get Pearls, The Reef has moved to a website where Shell moderates the site. It's much more convenient. 

Pre-Pearls are geared towards younger aristocrats or those who don't want to pay the lofty price of a brand-new Pearl. There are so many different kinds of Pearl's to suit different kinds of needs. You can request Pearls and order Pearl accessories straight from the website. Each profile has background info, resumes, and qualifications of each Pearl and if you don't really have what you want in mind, you can take a quick quiz." Sakura explained. 

Bully nodded and slowly. "Yes, yes….this could work." 

                                                 ********************

"Is she here yet, Daddy?" Rose Quartz asked for the bazillionth time. 

"Not yet, dollface." 

"When's she gonna be here?" 

"I dunno, sweetheart, but she'll be here soon." 

Rose sighed dramatically. "Well, she's not makin' a very good impression by bein' late." 

Just as Rose was about to say something else, there was a knock at the throne room entrance. An Aquamarine opened the door and in walked a tall, black woman dressed in black from head-to-toe. She saluted the King. "My Diamond." 

"Um, hi. So you're the black Pearl from TheReef.com?" Bully guessed.

"Yes, it is I, darling. Who else would it be? Allow me to introduce myself: I am Brigitta Parent but you may call me Ms. Parent or Brigitta, or whatever you choose to address me by. Oh! And this must be the Crown Princess Rose Quartz, I've seen your work and I must say I am quite impressed." 

Rose smiled. She thought that Ms.Parent was very beautiful and classy. The way she carried herself and the way she spoke made her seem a little intimidating to Rose.