Kemuri

Bowser Koopa ||| sat anxiously in his booster seat. He and his mother, Apricot were in a black sedan limo on their way to the Royal Stables.

Bowser had been infatuated with horses longer than anyone could remember. He'd gone on rides with his Father on his horse Bowsie countless times and he spent so much time hanging out with the steeds at the Royal Stables, it was like his second home. At school, he was known by his classmates as a "horse boy" because of his obsession with the beautiful animals. Some people found his love of animals to be less than cool, but he didn't care. The horses at the stables were his best friends. He could tell them anything and he could be sure that they wouldn't tell anyone else. 

Their love of horses was the biggest thing he and his Father had in common. He started teaching Bowser to ride when he was only 2 and he had loved the feeling ever since. He'd ridden Bowsie bareback, britless, and helmetless (they had to do this secretly, if Apricot knew about how BJ was regularly putting her precious baby in so much danger, they'd never hear the end of it) many times, he was practically already a pro and he was only 6! 

Even though he went to the Stables all the time, this time was different. Apricot had told him that his Father had a surprise for him.

As soon as Bowser was let out of the limo (fortunately for him, the Stables were only 1 minute away from Palace grounds), he made a beeline to the Koopa Troopa who was on guard.

"Why hello there Your Highness, you seem pretty lively today." He greeted him.

"Hello, Kuro-san. Have you seen my Father around here?" Bowser asked politely. 

"Yes, sir. I think I saw 'im in the private stables a few minutes ago." The Koopa Troopa replied, winking. 

"Thank you!" Bowser exclaimed before running as fast as he could to the private section of the Stables where the royal family's personal horses were kept. 

When he made it, sure enough, his Father was there. He was sitting on a stool outside of Bowsie's stall. 

Before he could say anything, Bowser heard a small whinny from the stall next to Bowsie's.

Bowser immediately ran over to the stall. He tried to look through the bars, but he was too small. 

"Is this a new one, Papa?" 

Bowser Jr. chuckled. "Yep, she's a Clickimin (Shetland) pony, and she's all yours." 

Bowser paused. "W-wait, really?! She's for me, to keep? What's her name?"

"Of course, son! Look at the stall door." BJ urged. 

The stall door had a beautiful gold nameplate that read: 

                                                                  Kemuri
                                     Loved by Crown Prince Bowser Koopa |||  

Bowser had always wanted his own horse to love and ride and now that it was happening, he was so shocked he didn't know how to react. 

"Do you wanna open the stall door?" BJ asked.

Bowser nodded quickly and went into the stall to get a better look at Kemuri. 

He slowly walked over to her and began to pet her. She had already been curried, groomed, and cleaned before she was gifted to Bowser; her smoky coat was clean, shiny, and smooth. 

"Papa, can I ride her today?" Bowser asked. 

"Of course. I'll lead her out while you get the tack and gear." BJ replied.