Chapter 1 ||Australia||

Cass' mom Jessie got pregnant in high school. Jessie dropped out to raise Cass, the father didn't want to keep the baby so he left Jessie and Cass. When Jessie got pregnant they were living in Texas. Jessie had nothing for her there and to her, Texas seemed like a boring place to raise a child. Jessie moved to Australia a year after Cass was born.

Cass P.O.V

The alarm sound woke me up and I had to get dressed. I fell asleep so when I woke up again I was about to be late for school. "Crap I'm gonna be late!" I said slipping on some skinny jeans a green day shirt and a beanie since I couldn't do my hair. I got my bag put on my glasses and ran downstairs. I couldn't have breakfast so I took a granola bar and got my car keys. I hopped in my car and drove to school while eating the granola bar.

I parked my car got out and headed for math class. I hurried inside the class just in time before the bell rang. I found my usual seat and Calum looked at me and asked "Why so late than usual?" I said "I overslept" Calum let out a little laugh and the class started. Calum has been my friend since I can remember. When my mom and I moved here, our next door neighbor decided to stop by and say hi. That next door neighbor was Calum's mum.

He along with Luke and Michael are my best friends. When class ended I went to my locker to get some books out. "Hey, weirdo" I heard someone say. I close my locker to see Michael standing there.

"What's up loser" I say. Me and Michael are best friends so we don't care what we call each other hence the name best friend.

"Luke wants us to come over and chill, you in?" Michael asks

"Sure, who's going?" I respond. "Calum, me and Ashton."

I got confused because I don't know of an Ashton. "Who's Ashton?" I ask "Well we need a drummer for the band and we knew Ashton from some of our friends."

"Ohh ok well see you then, I need to go to my next class bye." He says bye and I rush to history class. The school day ends and I go to my car and I plug in my phone to listen to music. "Oo Brain Stew, sweet!" I say as the song starts. I hear Erik say "Nobody likes you or your music Cass!!" I roll my eyes and start the engine. Erik is the one person who actually tries to bring me down. He's won a couple of times but I'm still trying

I got home opened the door and I find a note on the kitchen table:

"Cass, sorry I can't be there to cook you dinner, I'm staying late at work today until 10:00 probably but there's left over from yesterday and you can order pizza.
Love, mom"

Perfect! I can go to Luke's place with no problem. I go to my room and look for my charger and put that in my bag. I hurry to my car and lock the house door then I go to Luke's house.

I go up to Luke's door and open it saying "Honey I'm home!" I hear Calum say "Shut up and get in here!" I laugh and close the door behind me. The boys are in the kitchen eating pizza and I sneak my hand in to get a slice. "Hey!" Luke says "What, I'm hungry" I say stuffing the slice in my mouth.

"Cass, this is Ashton. Ashton this is Cassandra but we call her Cass." Michael introduced me to Ashton. "Nice to meet you" Ashton says with a big smile. He has a nice smile. Oh my! And his dimples are so deep! "Oh hi, nice to meet you to" I respond. There's an awkward silence and I decide to keep the talking going. "So you play the drums?" I ask Ashton. "Uh yeah, do you play something?" He said

"I used to play the piano but I got bored of it." I say focused on how nervous he seems. "Cool." He says. "We should probably start the band practice." Calum says to Ashton. We all follow Luke to the garage where the drums, guitars and bass are placed. "Cass did you bring the camera?" Michael asks "You know I always bring it." I say taking out the camera. I'm like the mini manager of the band. I record videos, help with lyrics and help with vocals.

"1,2,3,4!" Calum says as the band starts playing a cover of Blink 182. My camera is prepared and is already rolling. I get distracted by Ashton, he still has the really nervous look. I zoom in on Luke's guitar and then at Calum. I notice Ashton looking at me so I smile and he smiled back.

I end up zooming in on him and staring. I got back on track and continued recording. When the song ends I say "Good job guys!" And they all smile. Cal says "You did a great job too, only you should stop staring so much at Ashton." I blush and Mikey and Luke start laughing. "Whatever." I say. Ashton asks "How old are you?"

"I'm 16, and you?" I ask Ashton. "Same." He says with a smile on his face. I can't help but smile too.

At the end of that day I say bye to the boys and get in my car. "Can I get a ride?" Calum asks. I nod and he hops in. Me and Ashton are the oldest so Calum is riding with me and Michael is riding with Ashton.

"I think Ashton likes you." Calum says while doing that thing were he wiggles his eyebrows. "Me? You think Ashton likes me?" I respond having the dude he wouldn't fall for me look. "He was staring at you when you came in and took the pizza, you just didn't notice." Calum says. "Whatever." I say not believing him. I think about it and maybe Calum is right. Maybe just maybe Ashton likes me.