Chapter 34 ||Help me out?||

Denise P.O.V

I wake up and find Cass already in the kitchen. "Good morning." I say rubbing my eyes.

"Morning." She says serving herself some orange juice.

I smile and open the fridge. Looking for something to eat I ask "What are we going to do today?"

I hear Cass munching on some cereal and she swallows to answer. "Anything is cool." I smile and reach for milk. I decide to eat cereal too. We eat cereal together in silence and it's a little bit awkward.

"Mall? Pool? Movies? What should we do?" She asks taking her last slurp of cereal.

"Mall?" I suggest in the weirdest way.

"Sure." She says walking to the sink and placing the empty bowl there.

She informs me that she'll be in the shower. I take a seat on the couch and turn on the flat screen TV. This random movie is on and I just went with that.

We get ready in under 30 minutes and hop in her car. We drive there and it's packed with people. It didn't really bother us so we kept walking.

We finish shopping making casual stops at soda machines and bathrooms. Two or so people came and asked for a picture with Cass. I understood that that's what happens when you're big on the Internet. I also understood that that's probably how she feels with the boys.

We leave the mall but not empty handed. She bought some bracelets and I got this cool maroon colored skirt. I ask her something really important once we got in the car.

"Will you promise to help me out on anything?"

"Of course! Why? Is there something going on?" She asks.

"Kinda. I told a friend of mine about me being uhh lez, she freaked out." I said playing with my fingers.

"If she freaked out, she's definitely not a friend."

"I know but, I just thought since she's my friend." I declared.

"The world, but mainly your friend, wasn't ready to take those news." She said weakly smiling.

"I was scared coming out."

"I know you would. Who wouldn't be?"

I shrugged and she lifted my chin with her finger. "Hey, don't worry. Someone will understand and will never leave you."

I smile and she starts the engine. We get home and I'm about to open the car door when we hear someone scream "Cass! I'm so sorry!" Wait what? What happened? Cass looks just as confused as I am.

We turn around and see a tall boy wearing a leather jacket and jeans. I clearly don't know him but by the look on Cass' face, she knows him.

"What do you want Erik?" Cass asks pretty annoyed.

"I'm sorry for what I have done to you." Erik says.

"Honestly, you're pretty late on that." She sassed. She motions me to go inside and I obey.

I lock the door and look out the window. I open it slightly so I could hear what they are talking about. I know what I'm doing is rude and not ok but she looks mad.

The gloomy sky makes everything look dramatic. It's the type of sky that's bright while it's dark.

"Cass please listen to me, I know what I said hurt you. I know you will never forget that. But I truly am sorry." He pleads.

"I can't trust you. I'm not letting myself fall for your stupid, worthless pile of shit." She says angrily.

"I'm sorry." He says.

"No Erik, you're not. If you were sorry, you would've apologized a long time ago." She says starting to walk away.

"You're not leaving me now!" He yells snatching her off her feet and running away making me jump. I could hear her screams and attempts to escape.

I hurry to my phone and run outside hoping I'd be able to see where he is heading. All I can think of now is to call Ashton.

I type his number, my hands shaking. I call and he answers. I nearly scream into the phone.