Eight

It was midnight, everyone had fallen asleep, yoonbum's uncle made his way out his room, and into the room yoonbum always sleeps in, he opened the door, expecting yoonbum to be there, but he wasn't.

“tch.. where did that brat go.” his uncle says under his breath, before closing the door and gritting his teeth.

Irritated, he made his way towards his own room and started to jerk off.

Meanwhile, at sangwoo's house.

His mother was in immense pain as sangwoo's father fucked her furiously, it was past 12, why hasnt sangwoo come out yet? She wanted her son to see this, so she can tell that she loves her father very much and that he would believe her

She wanted to manipulate sangwoo, into doing blaming everything on himself.

However there was no sign of him coming, the immense pain bought her back to reality, she looked at the person above her, she was gasping for air, she felt suffocated.

She wanted to use sangwoo against this man, he is going to slip away from her hands, and she couldnt let that happen.

———

[y/n] couldnt fall asleep, she was paranoid, paranoid that yoonbum's uncle will come to her house, it seems stupid but she cant help it.

she turned around and look at the duo who were sleeping soundly, [y/n] had a pull out bed under her own bed so yoonbum and sangwoo slept there together.

She reached out her hand and caressed yoonbum's face, her hands trailing at his lips, he twitched a little, she pulled away in immediate response, he turned to his side and hugged the pillow.

She chuckled quietly and looked over to sangwoo's side, her eyes widened as she looked at the boy's state, he was huffing loudly, sweat dripping off him, and his face held an expression of pure pain.

He was still asleep, ‘is he having a nightmare?’ [y/n] reached out her hand to his face and cupped his cheeks, he immediately shot up at the contact, he was panting loudly, [y/n] pulled her hand away.

He turned his head to look at his surroundings, the scared look immediately vanishing as he spotted [y/n], who was staring at him with her usual gentle eyes.

“are you okay...?” [y/n] asks “yes, sorry if i woke you up.” that was sangwoo's response before he plopped down again and closed his eyes.

“i'm here if you want to talk.” she offers, sangwoo thinks for a moment “no thank you.” that was his response.

[Y/n] sighs before turning back to the original position and forcing her eyes shut, ‘i saved them today, i need to continue to protect them.’ she thinks to herself.

Sleep slowly takes over her and she falls into deep slumber.

A few days has passed since then.

Nothing really happened, so they both were safe.

Mid-terms were coming soon, so yoonbum and [y/n] often studied together, sangwoo made a few friends who he formed a group with.

He seemed to be enjoying his life, but [y/n] didnt really believe all his smiles, he always smiled like that with others, but inside he was a broken monster.

She was right, he faked all his smiles.
he had problems at his house, his mother constantly verbally abused him.

She knew this already, she tried to talk to sangwoo as much as possible, but he always brushes her off and goes to his 'new friends' she couldn't understand whats wrong with him.

He was pushing her away because he was afraid, he was afraid that he will hurt her, she always asks him whether he is okay, his reply is always "im fine." which pissed [y/n] off so much.

This was one of this moments.

She was sitting at the cafeteria table with yoonbum and sangwoo, since they didnt bring their lunches today, eating, she asks if he was okay again, but his response reamins the same as he avoids eye contact.

‘sure, i shouldnt really be up his business that much, but im trynna help so you dont turn into a psychopathic killer.’ she thinks and frowns.

“sangwoo, i know you're not fucking fine.” she says before slamming her hands on the table and leaving, taking her lunch tray along with her.

This shocked yoonbum and sangwoo, they had never seen her angry or frustrated before.

“i'll go follow her.” yoonbum says before leaving the table.

——————

A/N: thank you for 1k reads guys, love you all, thanks for your support, next chapter might be spicy 😳👉🏻👌🏻💞