Chapter 16 : Drawing the Rainbow

---Lee Hyeri's POV---

“Ladies and gentlemen, as we start our descent, please make sure your seat backs and tray tables are in their full upright position. Make sure your seat belt is securely fastened and allcarry-on luggage is stowed underneath the seat in front of you or in the overhead bins. Please turn off all electronic devices until we are safely parked at the gate. Thank you.” 

“Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Incheon Airport. Local time is 11:40AM and the temperature is -7"

"On behalf of Korea Airlines and the entire crew, I’d like to thank you for joining us on this trip and we are looking forward to seeing you on board again in the near future. Have a nice stay!”

Thursday, 25 December, Im finally back to my homeland. How odd to think now I'm a grown lady. A legit 24 years old woman. Time sure do fly.

eat,sleep,eat,sleep,eat,sleep, its been 4 years i left Korea and its been 4 years i didnt hear from him. from Chanyeol. Is he doing fine? Is he already got married or something. Married, huh.

How I'm doing for 4 years? I'm doing great, got my diploma. great job. great friend. great house. great life. But I somehow never actually feel anything like that. I do get everything i dreamt but there is just one thing, for 6 years. the same question, why chanyeol  ignoring me? is there something i did wrong?

i got a tap on my shoulder as i sigh heavily. i turn around and saw Seungyeon. I was shock to see him, I hug him tightly. "oh my god!! i miss you soooooooo much!" i pinch his squishy cheeks. "me too!" he answered and look at my lugagge. he look back at me a surprised face and ask "is that the only lugagge you have?" i look at my luggage and shrug. "yeah! why?" Still with his surprised face he grab my luggage and look at it carefully. i hit his forehead lightly and said "im not like any other girl who travel with big luggage" and walk toward Seungyeon's truck.

we both get on the old truck. Seungyeon start the engine and drove. Jet lag sucks. I fall asleep in our way to my apartment. i kinda feel sorry toward Seungyeon for sleeping when he had so many things to talk about. hah Im sorry.

-

"Are you sure, you didnt need any help?" He offered for help but I insisted. He already fetch me at the airport, i dont want him to help me clean the house. ouh so great to have such a great friend. I pulled my heavy luggage to the entry. Pull out a card to enter the building. ouh great, technologies in Korea are getting better. Last time we dont even have this things. Well, what year was that?

I push the elevator button. While waiting for it, a guy stand next to me. ignoring him i get on the elevator. its just the two of us on the elevator. the guy is just like me, ignoring me. when Im about to push the level 12 button the guy pushed it first. i take back my hand. "are you going to the same floor?" he asked. "u-uh yeah." and the conversation ends there.

finally we arrived on the 12th floor. he walk out and said "have a nice day" what is wrong with people nowadays, really weird. I take a look at the keys to check what is my apartment number.

1008. nice number, I'm sure the neighbors are jealous of me because my house number is a nice one eventhough this is my first time stepping in the house.

i laughed. probably too loud that the guy before look back briefly. Ah. well. that is embarrassing. I walk slowly, dragging my luggage. i look around and saw a sign saying "

Exhausted. I clean the place as soon as i open the door. the apartment is nice. kinda like the edge and fancy tiles. ofcoz i get the mop immediately and start cleaning. after all the work i throw myself on the coach and dozed off to dreamland and wake up in the morning. well shoot. I took a glimpse at the clock and saw that its 8 in the morning. flustered, I go straight to take the shower.

I'm doing a job haunting today. can't wait for a new job. with fellow korean. after having a nice warm shower,i head to the kitchen. i look through the fridge and saw alot of things untill i notice a note sticked, in the fridge.

just in case youre hungry as soon as you wake up ;)
                                           - S

i smiled a little and said "well thankyou seungyeon" slowly like almost whispering. ouh. i forgot to great the neighbor next door, so i decide to make a sandwich for them. i also want to apologize if the music last night is too loud.

after wrapping the sandwiches nicely, i changed to something nice and had out. I knock the door. it took awhile for the neighbor to respond, they finally open the door.

I bow my head and said "i just moved yesterday. I'm Lee Hye Ri. It's nice to meet you neighbor." i look at him, surprised. without knowing. The sandwiches drop to the floor.

"Ch-chanyeol?"

I take a sip of my coffee and look at him. I cant believe, the guy that ive been wanting to meet is infront of me.

Chanyeol look nervous so do am I. i open my mouth and say "why dont you answer any of my message and calls?" I put down the coffee roughly that the sound of the glass hitting the table could be heard by all of the customers in the cafe. "I-i-" Chanyeol hesitated. "What is it Chanyeol!" All the attention are on us now. I could feel my warm tears streaming down on my cheeks.

Chanyeol remained silent. I could not hold it anymore, I stand up and run out of the cafe.

"Hye Ri!" Chanyeol scream out my name but I didnt even give him a glimpse. but as soon as Im trying to run from him, i was in his embrace. I want him to let go of me but my energy cannot fight his. at the end, I hug him tightly as I say, "I miss you, stupid"

---Author's----

How are you guys doing? Im doing fine here. Ive been busy lately. I cant believe school will be starting next week. i thought i could end this ff before school start, but nope. its not happening. but to be sure, this ff will end very very soon.

i would like to ask something
do you guys want sequels after i end this ff? I will honored to write if you guys like the idea. ofcoz its going to be stories after marriage life (oppss spoilers) comment below if you want sequel after this ff ends.

So im working on my second ff featuring V from BTS. i hope you guys take a look of it. i just realease the sypnosis only. will post chapter 1 as soon as i can. here's the link;

The Space Between (V BTS) : http://www.wattpad.com/story/25019617-the-space-between-v-bts

sure to leave  comments and vote! thank you ❤