SO CLINGY! (Side Chapter)

It has been three days. Three. Days. Since Jay and Bethany broke up. And since Hosuh, Jo, and Jay missed them so much, they barely left their sides. Daniel was starting to feel like Jay's being a bit too clingy.

For instance, the day of the break up- Oh boy. Jay texted Daniel the entire afternoon, and when was gonna leave to do some homework, Jay suggested they call and do homework with each other. Dan agreed, but also suspicious. Jay doesn't call him often... he usually doesn't want to.

Dan was thinking why Jay was hanging with him more than usual, when he heard the ringtone of an incoming call. He answered and Jay scared him immediately. Dan scolded Jay for scaring him by yelling, "Skeet Skeet!" into his fricking mic!

While the two were working through history notes, Elias walked in. "Daniel, Mom said it's time for dinner." Daniel said he'll be right back to Jay, then he left the room. Soon enough, Daniel came back. Jay asked for them to show their cameras, so they did. He saw Dan and his table, no food was on it though. "Daniel, did you eat?" Jay asked.

Dan turned to the blonde of his computer, "I ate after school," He answered. Jay hummed. The green haired boy just brushed it off. They kept working until Daniel noticed it was 10 PM. "Jay, it's ten. We should go to bed."

Jay responded, "Yeah, I was about to say that I was gonna head to bed." Dan giggles, making Jay smile brightly and laugh. After a minute, Dan decided to say, "Okay, Goodnight, Jay. I love ya." He made a heart with his hands.

Jay smiled, looking at Daniel. His cheeks with the same blush on it. He always had that Asian glow. "Goodnight," he made a heart too. "Love ya too." Dan ended the call.

Dan squealed, his heart melting from Jay's words. Soon enough, he came down from his love high, and he decided to work on some certain stuff. He went to sleep at 4 AM.

Then, there's day one. He came to school and went to the 8th grade wing to head to his locker. He was trying to avoid Jay, not exactly in the mood. He turned the corner, immediately noticed by Annabelle. "Hey, Dan-" is what she managed to say, before Daniel put a finger to his lips, signaling to be quiet. Unfortunately for him, Jay overheard, and looked at him.

'Well, there goes my chance of having no paparazzi today.' Dan thought. (Okay, this is random, but I was in Dan's spot in this moment. This happened to me irl. Legit I call them a paparazzi) He walked up to them, smiling. "Good morning!" He greeted.

Ann was confused, "How come you were trying to keep me quiet?" Dan whispered in her ear, explaining himself. Annabelle nodded, understanding him. Jay shrugged it off and asked, "Dan, have you seen Nelly?" The greenette nodded. "He walked past me, before I turned the corner."

Oh, yeah, Nelly! Quick catchup: Nelly was a simple bystander to all the drama. He was there for Daniel though. Sometimes, Nelly helped Dan out with running from Jay. And the green haired boy payed him back by treating Nel with M&M's!

Anyway, Jay frowned. Then Dan continues, "However, he didn't notice me." Jay brightens up. "Yes, I win!!!" Dan tilts his head, "Hm?" He hummed in confusion. Jay explains, "Me and Nelly made a bet to see who could find you first."

"Ooh." Dan said. Jay nodded, and took his stuff to Pack. Dan went to his locker, with Ann near. "So, what's up?" Ann asked as Daniel hung up his backpack in his locker. Dan was grabbing his essentials, saying, "Well, Jay's hanging around me a bit more, but you already knew that." She nodded. Dan tried thinking of what else has happened. He can't say what he did last night. That's classified information.

Dan looked at Ann, "I know you ship us together, so I'm gonna tell you that he sent me a heart. Ann squealed, "Shipppp!" Dan rolled his eyes, smiling. Soon, Nelly and Theo walked over. "Hey, Daniel!" They both greeted. Dan smiled, "Hi, Nelly, Theo, need something?"

Nelly and Theo shook their heads, "Nah, man. Just saying hi," Theo explains. Dan nodded, shutting his locker. Ann found Stephen and Hosuh, and went to chat with them. Daniel waved her bye, and continued chatting with Theo and Nelly.

"So, did Jay find you this morning?" Nelly asks. Dan chuckles, "Yeah, but you passed me before he saw me." Nelly replied, "Oh, for real? You gotta be kidding me?!" Theo started laughing at Nelly, while Dan tried keeping his mood up, suggesting he'll get him M&M's.

They made it down to the Explorities wing and see Jay in the hall. Theo walked up to Jay, and the two were chatting. Nelly joined in too. Daniel put his stuff in the band room, and walked out, catching up with the rest who were waiting for him at the end of the wing.

Jay walked next to Dan, who was talking to Nelly. The two were chatting, Jay looked at two... Is it just him, or do they kinda look at each other like they kinda like each other? Dan has a bit of a bigger blush on his face, Nelly looked at him with a bright smile.

Jay felt a pang of jealousy, but they looked like they could make a good couple. Dan grabbed Nelly's wrist, and the two went to Daniel's locker. Theo went to his Pack, which was the math room. Jay hung with Nelly and Daniel.

Dan brought some peanut M&M's out, and gave them to Nelly. "Let's gooo!" Nelly said. He put them in his locker, and then the bell rang. The three headed to their packs. Dan waved them bye as he entered the band room. Nelly and Jay heading to GTT.

• Time Skips •

It was lunch, and Dan was eating the lettuce on his lunch tray. Jay looked at Dan chewing, he looked like a bunny. How cute. Dan dipped his chip in nacho cheese, getting some on his face. Jay pointed it out, but Dan couldn't find it. Jay grabbed his napkin and cleaned Daniel up. "Ooooh~" the boys and Ann on the table said. Dan blushes hard, while Jay state's he was being a good friend.

The table teased them, Dan eventually dumping his tray, and leaving to the bathrooms to cool down. He looked in the mirror, "Jay's never gonna love you." "You look ugly." "You're so fat." "He's into you." "He doesn't need you."

Those thoughts played for a sec, before he shook his head and pushed them away. Soon, the bathroom door opened. Jay hugged Daniel, and when Dan looked in the mirror, he realized he was crying. Weird.

The rest of the day, Jay kinda hugged and patted Dan's head more than usual. The blonde noticed how it made the younger melt in his touch. So adorable.

Day two, "Jay, stop texting me in class!!!" Dan pouted. They were in lunch. Jay could apparently text the greenette every five minutes!

"Why should I?" Jay asked. Daniel groaned, "Cause it's gonna get us in trouble." The blonde looked at Dan, "But what if I miss you~"

Dan blushes, and punches Jay's arm. "That's not a good reason." The older hugged the younger. "Cmon, just for today..?" Dan sighed, "Fineeee." Jay smiled.

Day three, everywhere. He was everywhere. Dan went to the bathroom, saw Jay. He went to his locker, saw the blonde again. He got out of the locker room, saw his SBFFFL asking Mr. Dau something. What the fudge-

Jay would always smile at him too, winking and acting like he wasn't guilty. It made Dan melt when he saw Jay's outfit too. Black skinny jeans, a yellow t-shirt that was tighter and showed his body, and he had a chain around his neck.

Hosuh and Stephen nudged Dan, wha- oh crap, he was staring too long. Curse you, Jay! He went up to Danny and Brandon. "Hey, guys!" Danny smiles, "Hey, dude! You going to the festival on Sunday?"

Dan tilts his head, "Festival?" Brandon nodded, "The fall festival on Sunday. It's at the fairgrounds." Dan ooh-ed. Then, he thought about it. If he invited Jay to hang out for the day at the festival, maybe Jay can get off his back... Dan nodded, "I'm gonna go."

••••••

That's it guys!!!! I'm sooo sorry for the late update!!! I'm gonna be a freshman in high school... oh boy. Btw, Nelly's gonna be a bigger part of this story, sooo, watch for that. Anyway, hope you liked this chapter! Thank you so much for reading AND for the 1K views! 😊 I love you all so much, tysm!

Always seize the day -MT💜