Chapter 51

Warnings: None.
————————————————————————
Recap:

"No, to see if my dad and Vivian have talked about me," I say and Alex nods.

"I think that's a good idea. In the end, it's your decision," she says.

"Thanks baby," I say kissing her.

"Of course. I'm going to make dinner, I'll call you when it's ready," she says getting up and walking out of the room.

I lay down fully on the bed and just think.

Should I invite my dad and Vivian to the wedding?
———
Present

Y/N's POV:

I take a deep breath as I drive down the street. Once I get closer to the house I feel my hand start to slightly tremble. I step out of the car and walk up to the door.

I sigh and knock on the door. "I got it," I hear the voice from inside and my smile grows.

"Y/N!" Hartley says excitingly as she jumps into my arms.

"Hey, Hart," I say as I wrap my arms around her and tightly hold her.

"I missed you," she mumbles into my shoulder.

"I missed you too, Bubba, so much," I tell her.

"Y/N," I hear from behind Hartley.

Hartley and I let go of each other and I look behind her. "Hey, dad," I say quietly and I see him smile a little.

"Can I talk to Hartley for a few?" I ask him.

"Is that why you came all the way to Portland?" My dad asks.

I nod. "Of course you can talk to her," he says.

"Thank you," I say and Hartley grabs my hand and drags me to the backyard.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" Hartley asks as she sits on a bench and I sit next to her.

"I want you to be honest with me," I say grabbing her hand, "If dad and your mom have talked about me, what do they talk about?"

Hartley sighs quietly and leans back, "I overhear dad tell my mom basically everyday that he regrets not coming back to see you. That he wishes you could give him a chance to show that he has changed."

I let go of Hartley's hands and lean back and look into the distance. I feel Hartley rest her head on my shoulder. "I want you to know that whatever you pick, to get close to him again or not, I will respect your decision," she says making me slightly smile.

"Thanks Hart," I say back.

Hartley nods against my shoulder and she grabs my hand. She intertwines our finger and my smile grows knowing I have news for her. "I have to tell you something," I tell Hartley.

"Ok," she says sitting up but not letting go of my hand.

"As you know, Alex and I are getting married," I say making Hartley smile, "I would like you to be one of my bridesmaids."

Hartley's eyes go wide and she lets go of my hand and brings her hands up to cover her mouth. "Are you serious?" She asks as she moves her hands.

"Of course I am," I say and I see tears in Hartley's eyes.

Hartley quickly hugs me. "I would love to be one of your bridesmaids," she says.

"I am glad to hear that," I reply.