Chapter 25

Warnings: None.

(A/N: I know I said I would update this weekend, but something happened and I decided why not update. I also just want to say thank you for everyone's support on this book! There are over 10k reads so far and over 900 votes! That is absolutely insane! Thank you so much!)
————————————————————————
Recap:

After thirty minutes Jill says something that shocks everyone besides me and the staff, "After the World Cup I will also be retiring."

Everyone gasps and starts to talk between each other. "I know, I know. I have talked with U.S. Soccer along with our staff team and we have made a decision on who your next coach will be. You will also be receiving a new assistant coach as well," Jill says and my eyes go wide, I never told her if I wanted to assistant position or not.

Jill glances at me and gives me a reassuring smile, "You're future coach is actually in this room," Jill says and everyone starts to look around, but Jill continues, "I would like to introduce the future coach of the USWNT, Lauren Holiday!"
———
Present

Y/N's POV:

After Jill says that the entire teams starts yelling and cheering. Alex jumps off my lap as everyone rushes to Cheney. They all give her a big group hug while I am shocked at the news.

While everyone is talking to Lauren, Jill walks over to me. "You already found an assistant coach," I ask her confused and a little hurt.

Jill nods, "We did, well Lauren did. She wanted them as the assistant and we trust her decision."

"But what if I wanted to be the assistant coach?"

"Lauren will talk to you about that after this meeting," Jill says as she turns around to face the team that is still talking to Cheney, "Alright ladies, give her some space. We have training tomorrow, so get some rest."

"What about the assistant coach? Who is it going to be," Allie asks.

"All of you will find out before when we are in France, now get to your rooms," Jill says.

Most of the girls groan at Jill's response and leave the room. The staff leaves after, but Cheney goes over to talk to Jill and Alex comes to me. "You ready to go upstairs," Alex asks once she reaches me.

I'm about to respond but Lauren cuts me off, "Actually, I need to talk to you Y/N/N."

"Is everything ok," Alex asks her.

"Yeah, Al. I just want to catch up with her. I'll bring her to your guys room after," Cheney says.

Alex nods and places a kiss on my cheek, "See you in a little bit."

I smile as she leaves. I notice that Jill is not in the room anymore so she must of left. Cheney pulls up a chair in front of me. "Jill told me that you wanted to talk," I say once she sits down.

"Yeah, about your soccer career."

I groan and lean my head back, "I don't want to talk about it."

"Well we're going to, you can't go anywhere," Cheney tell me and I roll my eyes.

"What about it," I ask her.