The Beginning of the End

Geralt looked at Skjall's dead body, as it stared straight ahead. More black mist seeped from it and towards Yennefer. He couldn't believe Yennefer was capable of this, "We're looking for Ciri. Ashen hair, green eyes...Have you seen her?"

The dead body spoke, it started to flail about, "Ssssssshhhhhheeeee....sssshheeeee's wwwwhhyyyy ttttthhheeeeyy currrrssssed meeeee."

The sorceress held her hand out, "I don't care about that! What happened to her? What was she doing here? Speak!" The black mist flowed from the body faster.

"Nnnnnoooo." (F/N) was watching from a distance, he shook his head, this was wrong. He was prepared to do nearly anything for Ciri. But she would be disgusted if she found out he took part in this. This was terrible.

Yennefer made a fist, "Speak!"

Skjall's body screamed. The enchantress repeated herself, "Speak!"

The body finally gave in, "Thhhee sssssssseeeeeaaa....Sssshhheee fffeeeeellll....Allllmmmooosssssssttt dddrrroowwwnnnnneeeed...."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skjall was wadding through the water, he took a breath of fresh air through his lungs. He smiled as he looked back at his village. Not a thing was wrong with the world. The man grabbed a white crab out of the water and smiled as he held it up. He had found his dinner for tonight.

Suddenly there was a loud bang, he dropped the crab. The man turned just in time to see a small figure fall out of the sky and hit the water. He quickly splashed through the water over to where he had seen the body fall. His mind was racing. What had happened? Where had it come from?

As he got closer there was suddenly a bright light, and a man walked through. He was dressed in elegant robes, a hood, he had a mask over his face. He leaned down and slowly picked up the body that had fallen. That's when Skjall realized that it was a woman, she had ashen-hair, and a sword on her back. She was soaking wet, barely breathing, she was one of the most beautiful women he had ever seen.

The man in the robes carried her unconscious body towards him. He had bags and pouches hanging from his belt. He spoke in a tone that suggested he was royalty, "Don't stare, help me."

He looked at the unconscious woman, "Help us both."

Skjall wasn't supposed to help strangers, but he couldn't turn them away, that wouldn't be the right thing to do, so he did the right thing, he nodded.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Ciri awoke, she realized that she could hardly open her eyes she was so tired. She realized she was in a comfortable bed, and it was warm, it felt so nice. For a moment she forgot about all the problems that were crashing down onto her. She remembered the time, she and (F/N) had slept together, it was near a fireplace. She had told him about how she easily killed a wyvern. He told her about how he expelled two noon wraiths at the same time.

To which she replied that it wasn't a competition.

And he reminded her that she tried to make it one before she got beaten.

Ciri gave a weary smile, she missed him so much. She wished she had brought him along, but he probably wanted nothing to do with her. Dandelion had told him he had slept with a dragon and that he said he liked her a lot. He had moved on. He was in love with someone else. That broke her heart. But she couldn't dwell on it.

The witcheress was about to fall back asleep when he heard his voice, "Ciri...Zireal...Can you hear me?"

She felt her skin crawl, but then remembered the events of the past few years, she quickly got over the urge when she heard her companion speak, she weakly groaned, "I can..."