Blood and Wine

"It is better to go forward without a goal than to have a goal and stay in one place, and it is certainly better than to stay in one place without a goal." - Emiel Regis Rohellec Terzieff-Godefroy (Regis)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(F/N) smiled as he looked up at the perfect blue sky, the country air smelled warm and fresh, he could almost taste the grapes from the vines. The country side itself was somehow even more beautiful, the grass was perfectly green, people greeted them with smiles, the birds chirped happily, everything just seemed right, "It's just like I remember it," he added. Basking in the warm sunlight.

Milton smiled as he gestured to the large castle in the distance, it was somehow even more beautiful than the country, the stone scrapped the sky, it's old architecture was perfect, "Your memories are wrong. You will find Beauclair has changed some these past years. Walk about when you have the chance. You will see so for yourself."

"To me, place always seemed straight out of a fairy tale. Knights-errant, elven palaces..." Geralt added as he took in the beautiful sights, a rare smile plastered on his face.

"Do you insinuate that we are somehow odd? I shall prove you wrong! This I pledge on the heron!"

(F/N) scoffed at Milton's pledge, "There's nothing wrong with being odd," he noticed another knight in the distance riding away from a windmill, but then he drew his blade and reared his horse back to the windmill, as if he was fighting an opponent. The witcher ignored it for the moment, "If you ask me, being odd in the continent, is a good...."

The windmill in front of the distant knight exploded, his horse reared and bucked the knight off. A giant stepped out of the mess. It let out a mighty roar as it looked at its prey. It's head was covered by a large barrel. It's body was covered in animal skins to keep it warm. It grabbed a windmill propeller from the wreckage and swung it like a club. It let out another mighty roar. The witchers medallions started tugging on their chains like mad.

(F/N) sighed as he drew his silver sword, "There's no such thing as a vacation is there?" The others responded by charging forward screaming with excitement.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Odysseus smiled as he looked at his intriguing new ally. Or was that too strong a word? The Greek couldn't make up his mind. He had the appearance of a servant of Hades. He carried himself like a servant of Apollo or Artemis. And he spoke like a servant of Athena. He spread his arms out, "Well? What did your beloved say?"

(F/N) let out a sigh, his expression grim, "I don't have any other option, neither does she...but...she wants to come with us."

Odysseus laughed,  as he leaned forward, "Surely you jest, the journey ahead of us...it's no place for a woman."

"She's more than just a woman, she's a witcher...just like me," his voice was soft but firm his tone unrelenting, he wasn't one to be taken lightly.

Odysseus knew in that moment, he couldn't convince him otherwise, he was worse than stubborn, he was in love, "Very well...but she will only travel. In her...state...I don't trust her to hold a blade."

(F/N) leaned forward to protest, but he thought better, he had a feeling Odysseus wasn't the type to negotiate when it came to combat, "Fine...we have a deal...when do we ride for the first beast?"

Odysseus smiled as he gestured away, "Now."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------