Secrets of the Fog

"You're mad woman! Mad I say!"

The witcher had never seen an older man's face that red. The angriest he had seen Vesemir was when the old witcher was training him and (F/N)'s sword flew out of his hands. He accidentally killed his horse. Vesemir's face had turned pink and he scolded him, yelled loudly, even lashed him, but years later he had admitted he was secretly impressed. Ermion was shaking with rage as he screamed at Yennefer. He had undoubtedly found out about her and the two witchers breaking into his lab.

Geralt and (F/N) were dressed in their armor, ready to start the search for Ciri again. The sorceress shouted back, "Maybe. But I've good reason."

"I hold Ciri dear too. You know this! Damned well! But the Mask of Uroboros is no trifle!"

Geralt spoke up as he approached the two screaming magic users, "Can hear you two clear on the other side of the island."

(F/N) assumed Ermion thought Geralt was joking, he was not. The Druid gestured to the path they had rode up on, "Good! May all of Skellige know Yennefer of Vengeburg is a common thief!"

The young witcher nodded, "A thief yes, common no. She's stolen too much for that title."

Yennefer pointed at Mousesack and (F/N), "Silence! Both of you control yourselves. I haven't stolen anything. I've merely borrowed something and fully intend to return it."

The old man got in the woman's face, "Ha! The generosity! Just one small problem - once used, the mask is rendered completely worthless! Not to mention the risk you'll bury us alive! And the Isles with us!"

The older witcher walked over to his lover, "Don't exaggerate. It's just..."

"No, Geralt. This is no 'just'! The myth is that Urboros created the Mask when the envious sea swallowed his beloved. Unable to bear the prospect that he would never again see his betrothed, Urboros made the Mask, which would allow him to peer into the past. He knew, however, that he could only use it once. So he waited. Waited until his longing grew so strong that it became unbearable. When the sea learned of the Mask, it was quick to respond. It made known its threat that whosoever used the Mask would bring the Sea's wrath down on them. For in vengeance the Sea would rise and flood all the land and drown all the living."

(F/N) walked over to Yennefer, "If Ciri was here will it work?"

The sorceress nodded, "Yes."

Her opinion meant next to nothing to the witcher, but it was all he had, he took a breath, "I think we should risk it."

The druid yelled and pointed a finger at him, "Stupid boy, you'll damn us all!"

Geralt folded his arms, "You believe those myths?"

Ermion nodded, his rage only grew, "Only ignorant fools belittle their significance. Besides, it's not the myths that are not on trial here! It's the thief!"

(F/N) walked up, "I'm the last person to justify or defend what Yennefer did."

"Then don't!"

"But this is for Ciri."

The Druid rolled his eyes, "I know the family ties that are present. But that's no excuse, no justification. The Mask of Urboros belongs to Skellige and should be used for the good of the Isles! If Yennefer uses it, it shall lose it's power, not to mention..."

A bolt of lightning shot down from the sky and hit a nearby tree. (F/N) looked into the sky, shock written all over his face, it had been a bright cloudless sky, but now there were clouds forming, dark ones. The skies grumbled with energy. Ermion looked at the tree as their leaves burst into flames, "Wha...what was that? No! Yennefer's used the Mask!" Rain started pouring down from the sky. (F/N) looked at the spot she had been standing, she had gotten bored of waiting. (F/N) heard a loud roar and hiss in the distance, then another, and another. Both witchers drew their swords and ran into the woods, Ermion shouted at them, "Neutralize the mask! Don't use it!"