The Troll's Treasure

(F/N) was sketching on the paper that Yennefer had given him. She seemed to have little interest in him, or anything for that matter. The young boy had even less interest in her, he had just been woken up one morning by Geralt, and been told to do as Lady Yennefer had said. At first the boy had tried to woo her, thinking she was another beautiful sorceress, but it became very clear that Yennefer was not Triss. There was no smile, there was no greeting, only coldness. The first thing she said to him was, "Sit down, Surprise."

(F/N) grumbled and though to himself, 'Why couldn't Triss teach him?' Yennefer spoke up, "That's a good question, but I was dragged into helping you. Focus on the test, Abomination."

The young boy looked at the sorceress, "What? I don't..." The raven haired woman glared at him with her violet eyes, "I'm a sorceress, I can hear your thoughts. Now. Get. Back. To. The. Test." Each word sounded like a threat. The boy showed her the drawing, she had just asked him to draw the roof to a house. Yennefer glared at the drawing, "You're drawing skills are poor, they're at the level of a lame infant." She flipped the page, and pointed at three trees on the paper, "Draw the fourth tree that fits."

(F/N) sighed, they had been at this for hours, "What's the point of this?" Yennefer glared at the boy, she hadn't wanted to do this, but felt as though she had to. She didn't like the boy and she could tell he didn't like her, but something about him, just seemed so familiar, as if they had met before.

"The point is, that this is a test. You are being tested. That is all you need to know."

"What am I being tested for?"

Yennefer gave him a cold look, "Listen, very closely, Abomination. I will only tell you this once. There are two ways we can do this. One is that you do as you're told and draw on the paper. The other being that I use my power on you and have you lie down on this table, so I can examine you. You will not be able to move or speak. And I will leave you that way until I choose not to do so."

The boy noticed the enchantress was staring him right in the eyes, the smell of lilac and gooseberries was so strong it made him want to vomit. He felt so tired. The boy looked as though he was about to go into a trance. That wasn't a coincidence. Yennefer smiled and was about to have the boy get on the table, but suddenly he blinked his eyes and shook his head. His wits returned almost instantly, "Okay, okay, I'll do the damn test."

The sorceress stared at (F/N), he shouldn't have been able to resist her so easily, she had entranced witchers, a small child shouldn't have been a challenge. The boy heard Yennefer's voice soften, 'Abomination?'

The boy started drawing the tree, he sighed at hearing one of the names, "Yes?"

'Do you feel strange at all? Different?'

The child shook his head, "No, I feel perfectly fine. Can I finish drawing this tree?"

'Abomination, look at me.'

The boy tossed his quill down, he looked at the sorceress, "What? Are you going to explain to me what I've done wrong now?" (F/N) stood up and turned away from the woman, "I'm missing the opportunity to train, being tested for something...if I had to guess, I'd say it's for magical ability. I used a witcher's sign once!" The boy started pacing around, Yennefer gave him a look, 'Abomination...'

The child turned around, "What?!" The paper that (F/N) had been drawing on sparked and started smoking, he didn't notice. Yennefer gave him a cold stare to calm him down, she knew what it was like to be frustrated during the process, but she would not tolerate disrespect. The boy slowly calmed down, 'You realize I haven't used my voice this entire time we've been speaking?" The boy paused, "You...you haven't? Then how am I..."