Home

"Destiny... helps people believe there's an order to this. There isn't. But a promise made must be honored. As true for a commoner... as it is for a queen." - Geralt of Rivia before he called Law of Surprise.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When (F/N) woke up, everything hurt, in all honesty he was expecting death, but he had survived worse. He would have been mostly fine with that, if he did end up perishing. Ciri was safe. Aleric was dealt with. His friends were okay. But a part of him knew he couldn't, he still had one last matter to take care of. The witcher groaned slightly, he still didn't have the strength to open his eyes. But he felt his lips slowly form into a smile when he felt a hand caress his cheek, he knew it was Ciri. He heard her scream for someone before he blacked out again.

When he woke up again, he felt...well nothing. This time, he was able to open his eyes, but he still couldn't speak. Ciri was still there, after kissing him, she proceeded to explain what almost dying felt like (Apparently it was wet, cold, and full of fire and screaming monsters). What Calypso had told him he did for her. What an idiot he was. How much she loved him. This time he was able to stay up a while longer before he blacked out.

The third time, he had regained his ability to look around, and he could move his hands slightly. His back still burned from the pain, he had no idea how much time had passed. This time Odysseus stopped by and gave him what he called the 'highest honor he could bestow' and named him an official Spartan. All he needed to do was give him a name. Odysseus settled on a name he felt that fit, "Heracles," after he announced the name, (F/N) blacked out.

The fourth time he woke up, he found Ciri pouring what she called 'bootleg swallow' into his throat. He groaned as he weakly reached his hand up and swatted it away, "That tastes like piss."

The witcheress smiled down at him, glad to see he was speaking, "Then it must be better than the regular witcher potions you drink."

(F/N) coughed as he looked at her, she had let her hair down, and she wore the regular armor that the amazons wore, "You look nice."

"Well. I'm alive. I feel better than I have since...ever. So yeah...I should."

The witcher sighed as he took her hand and weakly squeezed it, "What happened to Aleric?"

Ciri sighed, she knew he would ask that, "I was hoping you could answer that...almost as soon as the two of you fell out of the sky. All those vampires shot down to the ground where you were and vanished. We didn't find a trace of Aleric or those things. We just found you. Did you kill him?"

The witcher weakly shook his head, "No, but he won't be bothering anyone ever again."

Ciri smiled as she ran a hand over his chest, it was peppered with scars, too many of them were fresh and had just been stitched up, "You almost died..."

"I don't think I have anymore come back from the dead cards left. This life is my last."

The witcheress smiled, "Calypso and Odysseus told me how you nearly died so many times...for me. Don't ever do that again. Don't die on my count."

(F/N) sighed, "Nope. That's how I plan on dying. Sacrificing myself for you."

"You're a dick."

"I know."

The witcher sighed as he bit his lip, "Ciri?"

"Yeah?"

"Will you marry me?"

The witcheress scoffed, as she gave him a look, "We're practically already married."

"I never took an oath. I assume you didn't either...I want a ceremony...with everyone: Geralt, Yennefer, Triss, Dandelion...I could go on."