Common Cold

Sherlock gaped at his wife. He stated panicking again. He looked at her desperately. Alex could see the terror and pain masked on his face. 

"Alex, no." He said, his voice cracking. "Please, no. I love you."

"I'm sorry, Sherlock." She said. She pointed the gun at her head.

"Any last words for your husband?" The man asked. Alex looked Sherlock in the eyes.

"Vatican Cameos." She said. 

Alex turned the gun on the leader of the group. She pulled the trigger, killing him instantly. The other men rushed towards her. Alex doged several blows and bullets. Sherlock got down as she fired and killed three more of the men. The last man standing grabbed Sherlock and pointed his gun at Sherlock's head. Alex pointed her gun at the other man.

"Drop the gun." He said. Alex didn't move. "I said drop it! Drop it, or I shoot him!" 

"You're bluffing." Alex said.

"Maybe I am, maybe I'm not." The man said. 

"Get away from my husband." Alex snarled.

"Make me." The man smirked. "Drop your gun, and I'll move away."

Alex put her gun down and watched as the man let go of Sherlock. Sherlock quickly moved away. The man shot at Alex. She ducked and then kicked the gun out of the man's hand. She blocked every blow and punch the man threw at her. She was winning in the fight. When she had worked for Moriarty, she had recieved the very best fighting training since she was one of the best agents Moriarty had. She was like Natasha Romanoff or Peggy Carter. She picked up her gun and shot the man right between his eyes. Her aim was perfect. Alex dropped her gun. She looked at Sherlock and cupped her hands over her mouth.

"I just killed five people." She said, her voice barely audible. "Those were the first people I've killed since my days as an agent."

"It's all right, Alex." Sherlock said. He held open his arms. "Come here."

Alex ran to her husband and hugged him, crying. Sherlock held her tightly. She was shaking. Sherlock knew that she was in shock. He kissed her on the forehead and wrapped his coat around her like a shock blanket.

"Good shot." He whispered.

"Stop." Alex said. "Don't remind me. We are never to speak of this again, do you understand me?"

"Well, you have just killed five people." Sherlock said.

"Knock it off!" Alex yelled. "I wish I had never started working for Moriarty."

"I'm glad you did." Sherlock said, kissing her on the forehead. "If you hadn't, we might have never met each other."

"It wouldn't have put you in any danger." Alex said. 

"Okay, you know what we're going to do? I'm going to take you home, get you a can of Dr. Pepper, put on a Disney movie, and we're going to spend the rest of the day together." Sherlock said. "Mycroft is with Vanessa, so I think that would be best for you."

"It would." Alex agreed. "I love you."

"I love you too." Sherlock said. "Come on. Let's go home." 

Sherlock took Alex home and laid down on the couch with her. He rented 101 Dalmations for her and put up with watching it with her. He kissed the back of her head. When the movie ended, Alex rolled over and snuggled closer to her husband. Sherlock kissed her on the lips and held her tightly. 

"You're okay." He said. "It was for a good reason. Just...don't tell anyone. I don't think you'd serve time for this, but let's avoid a court case."