Christmas

A few months later, it was Christmas. Alex had planned a little get together for her, John, John's girlfriend, Sherlock, Lestrade, Mrs. Hudson, and Molly. Sherlock was playing "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" on the violin. He was managing to also waltz Alex around the room by having her hold his arm. It was snowing outside. John was wearing an ugly sweater that his and Alex's mum had sent him. Alex wasn't wearing hers. She didn't care though. She was too busy with trying to waltz with Sherlock. When the song finished, Sherlock kissed her hand.

"Lovely, Sherlock, that was lovely!" Mrs. Hudson said. "And Alex, dear, lovely dancing."

"Thank you." Alex said.

"I think someone has a crush." Lestrade chuckled.

"No way." Alex said. "No offense, Sherlock."

"None taken." Sherlock said. "Girls aren't my area."

"I wish you could have worn the antlers." Mrs. Hudson laughed.

"Some things are best left to the imagination, Mrs. Hudson." Sherlock said. John's girlfriend offered him some cookies she had baked herself. "Oh, no thank you, Sarah."

"Sherlock." Alex whispered. But, she took a few cookies for herself. "Don't mind if I do...friend..."

"No, no, no, no, no." John said. "They're not good with names.

"No, I can get this." Sherlock said.

"Be nice." Alex whispered.

"Sarah was the doctor, and then there was the one with the spots, and then the one with the nose, and who was after the boring teacher?" Sherlock said, thinking. He and Alex had made fun of John's girlfriends on several occasions.

"Nobody." The woman said, shifting uncomfortably.

"Ah, Jeannette!" Alex snapped her fingers. 

"Process of elimination." Sherlock praised. He then saw Molly walking in. "Oh, dear Lord."

"Be nice. She's my best friend." Alex said, shoving him. 

"Hello, everyone!" Molly smiled. "It said on the door to just come up."

"Why don't you say hello to each other." Sherlock said, trying to fit in.

Molly took off her coat to reveal a beautiful black dress she had gotten. Lestrade gaped and so did Alex.

"Molly, that looks amazing!" She said. 

"Thank you, Alex." Molly smiled. "Having our Christmas drinks then?"

"No stopping, apparently." Sherlock said, sitting down at his laptop.

"It's the one day of the year where the boys have to be nice to me." Mrs. Hudson chuckled. "So it's always worth it." 

Molly shifted uncomfortably, not sure what to say. She looked at Sherlock, who didn't look back. It wasn't hard to deduce that she had a crush on Sherlock and would do anything for him.

"John, count on your blog." Sherlock said.

"Why?" John asked.

"It says 1,895." Sherlock said.

"Oh no, Christmas is cancelled!" Alex said. "Come on, Sherlock, for one minute just join us and get off your laptop!" 

"He's got a photograph of me wearing the hat!" Sherlock said.

"Because people like that hat." John said.

"No they don't. What people?" Sherlock asked.

"How's the hip?" Molly asked Mrs. Hudson.