The Birth

It had been eight months since Alex had found out she was pregnant. She was due any day. Sherlock was scared, not only because of what had happened to Mary, but also because Moriarty still hadn't attacked. He knew that he was waiting for the perfect moment. Sherlock wasn't sure what he would do if either Alex or his kid were killed. One night, he and Alex were sitting on the couch under a blanket and watching a movie. Alex was forcing Sherlock to watch the Spongebob movie with her. He was bored out of his mind, but he didn't want to mess with a pregnant woman. He was falling asleep and Alex noticed. They were watching it on her computer, so Alex paused it, plugged her headphones in, turned up the volume all the way, and put them on Sherlock. She skipped to the Goofy Goober song at the end and took out her phone to record his reaction. She was whispering as she spoke.

"So, we were watching the Spongebob movie and Sherlock fell asleep. I've turned to volume up all the way, so let's see how this goes. Keep in mind that he's also got these headphones on." Alex said. She was narrating. She hit play. Sherlock's eyes flew open as he screamed and ripped the headphones off.

"What the heck was that for?!" He yelled at her. She was laughing so hard she couldn't breathe.

"You should have seen the look on your face!" Alex said.

"Haha, very funny." Sherlock said.

Alex didn't send the video to anyone, seeing how irritated Sherlock was with her. She turned the movie off and snuggled up next to Sherlock again. He was looking away from her. She nudged his hand like a dog begging for attention. Sherlock sighed and looked down at her.

"I can't stay mad at you for long." He said, petting her hair. "Now, try to sleep."

Alex nodded and put her chin on Sherlock's knee. She closed her eyes and fell asleep. Sherlock decided that it wouldn't be bad to take a quick catnap. That 'catnap' turned into them both basically going to bed. It had been pretty late when they had started watching the movie so they were already tired. Alex woke up in the middle of the night. Sherlock was still asleep. Alex felt a pain in her lower abdomen. She ignored it, hoping it was just nothing. She felt a pool of liquid come out of her and she sighed. She looked down at her stomach.

"Now? Really? You are just like your father already..." Alex shook her head. She shook Sherlock. "Sherlock. Sherlock!" 

"What is it, Alex?" Sherlock said as he opened his eyes and yawned.

"It's time." Alex said. Sherlock froze competely. Alex slapped him. "Get me to a hospital now, doofus!" 

"Right, right!" Sherlock nodded. He grabbed the suitcase they had packed a few weeks ago. He took out his phone and called John. "JOHN, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO!"

"What are you talking about, Sherlock?" John asked tiredly.

"SHERLOCK, GET A CAB, NOW." Alex yelled. "It really hurts!"

"ALEX WENT INTO LABOR, I NEED YOUR HELP!" Sherlock yelled over the phone.

"I'll be right there." John said.

Sherlock had Alex lay down until John arrived. He smoothed her hair. She was panting, sweating, and shaking. Sherlock was scared. He had no idea what to do. For the first time in his life, his mind was blank. When John got to the flat, he pounded on the door. Sherlock picked Alex up and carried her to John's car.

"I can walk, ya know!" Alex snapped. 

"I'd rather carry you." Sherlock said. He put her in John's car while John got the suitcase from the flat.

"You okay?" Sherlock asked.

"No, I'm in pain!" Alex said. "Why didn't you just get a cab?!"

"Because my mind was blank!" Sherlock said.