I'm not Dead. Let's have Dinner.

A few weeks later, Sherlock came out of his bedroom in his blue bathrobe/jacket and flannel pants. He picked up his violin and started playing a sad, mournful tune. It woke Alex up, who had fallen asleep on the couch. She was still in what she had worn the previous night. She yawned and stretched.

"Is it really morning already?" She asked. "Well, good morning, Sherlock." 

"Good morning, Alex." Sherlock said. His voice sounded a little flatter than usual.

"You alright?" She asked.

"Yeah, fine." Sherlock said, continuing to play. 

John came downstairs. He had gotten dressed. He gave Alex a confused look and pointed to Sherlock. Alex shook her head. Mrs. Hudson came up to see if Sherlock had eaten anything. She picked up the plate, which was still full of food. Sherlock paused his composing to write something down.

"Lovely tune, Sherlock. I haven't heard that one before." Mrs. Hudson said.

John was putting on his jacket to go out. He nodded to the music stand Sherlock was using.

"You composing?" He asked.

"It helps me to think." Sherlock said.

Sherlock started to play again. Alex went into the bathroom to change. She came out in a pair of jeans and a dark blue sweatshirt. She grabbed her jacket and threw Sherlock his coat. John had left the flat by the time she came back out. Sherlock stopped on a bad note and looked at Alex.

"Come on. We're going for a walk." Alex said. "Get dressed."

"Fine." Sherlock said.

He went into his bedroom and came out in his usual outfit. He put his jacket on. They walked outside together. Sherlock put his hands in his pockets. They walked past a park and saw a bunch of kids having a snowball fight.

"Those were so fun." Alex said.

"Were they? I was never in one." Sherlock said.

"What?" Alex said.

"Yeah. I was considered 'too weird' to do anything with other kids." Sherlock said.

"We're going to have to fix this." Alex said. She bent over and made a snowball.

"Alex, what are you-" Sherlock was cut off as a snowball hit him on the shoulder.

"Got you!" Alex said.

"Oh, you're going to get it." Sherlock said, grinning evily.

He made a snowball that didn't really look like a snowball and threw it at Alex. It hit her on the head. They got into an all out war. The whole point of Sherlock taking this walk with Alex was to get his mind off of things. It seemed like it was working. 

"All right, I surrender!" Alex held her hands up. 

"What's my reward?" Sherlock asked.

"How about I make you anything you want when we get back to the flat?" Alex said.

"That sound's good." Sherlock nodded. 

They walked back to the flat, dripping with melted snow. Their cheeks were flushed from the cold. Mrs. Hudson gasped when she saw them.

"Oh, good gracious, what happened to you two?" She asked.

"We got into a snowball fight." Alex said.

"Sherlock, you really got into a snowball fight?" Mrs. Hudson laughed.

"Yes, I did." Sherlock said.