[chapter: 29] Orphans 1/?

STONY PARENTS X READER CHILD:

    "I've been thinking.." Tony started the moment Steve came into view.

    "Oh no," The words rushed out of Steve's mouth.

    "Don't worry babe, this is a good idea.. this time." Tony wrapped his hands around Steves.

    "When is it a good idea? It's rarely a good idea," Steve started to protest before he even knew what his husband's idea was. Shaking his head slightly.

    "How do you feel about kids?" 

    The question caught Steve off guard but as soon as their eyes met they both knew. They both smiled at each other. Steve nodding his head up and down.

    "You want a kid?" Steve questioned, holding Tony closer towards himself.

    "Yeah, unless you don-"

    "No, no, no. I want to too."

From this moment the both of them started working. On what they would need, if they want to adopt or get a surrogate. The both of them chose to adopt a child. They started researching orphanages nearby. Getting a room near their own ready for a child of their own. Soon the day came for them to go to an orphanage to see the children.

    They walked in, holding hands out of both excitement and nerves.

    "Ready?"

    "Ready." The pair walked to the front desk where a woman was being nagged by the hem of her dress by a small child.

    "Hello, how may I assist you?" She asked the couple.

    "We have an appointment to meet some children. For Roger Stark." Tony asked as Steve glanced down at the child next to the receptionist.

"This is just Marci. Now, you are here for both girls and boys between the ages of 0 to 9, correct?"

"Correct."

"I will have you two come in once we gather the children. You may sit over there for now." The receptionist walked away. The child's hand in her own as they walked to another room. A girl about the age of 14 was caught sliding down the railing of the stairway. Perpendicular to the seating area they were in. A small group of young children followed her.

"Y/n?" A boy around the age of 3 or 4 called out. He had a bit of a  lisp.

"Yes." She turned to him, picking him up.

"I'm tiwed."

"How about a lullaby until the couple meets you all, hmm?"

"Yes pwease!" As they walked into the room.

"Alone, at the edge of the universe, humming a tune. For merely dreaming we were snow. A siren sounds like a goddess who promises endless apologies of paradise. And only she can make it right. So things are different tonight." She hummed slightly. Steve and Tony listened on, the sound of her voice was indeed soothing.

"We'll go together in flight," She booped the tip of his nose with her index, trailing a finger down his eyelids, shutting them close. Rocking him back and forth. "It's now and never, A reverie endeavour. Awaits somnambulant directives to take your helm." She sang no more as the child in her arms passed out in a dreamful sleep. She walked the children to the room. Shutting the door closed behind them. A moment later she walked back out, to both men.

"Excuse me," Her voice wavered slightly. Steve and Tony looked up to her once more. "Um, the children are ready to meet you." She walked with them towards the room.

"Do you help here? You're awfully young," Steve asked.

"No, I'm just one of the older kids that live here. We don't get a lot of volunteers." Her voice was soft and solemn.

"Have you lived here since you were born?" Tony spoke up.

"No, my parents passed away when I was 10 years old. I've been here for 4 years now."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"Well you can meet all the little kids here, they'll be very happy to meet you." She walked further into the room waking the child she had sang to earlier. He woke up and rushed to the other kids. Y/n left the room quickly after.

Tony and Steve spent the next hour or so meeting the children. Talking and seeing what they are interested in. However their thoughts trailed to the girl they met earlier. She was quiet, most likely responsible if she cared for the kids and had a lovely voice. Once they were finished they walked out of the room, a  receptionist greeting them once more.

"Did you meet any kids you are interested in adopting?" She asked.

Steve and Tony whispered to each other a bit talking about the kids they had met.

"Actually," Tony started,"There was a girl who had talked to us a bit before leaving. I believe her name is Y/n.  She's older then what we had originally thought of but we would like to meet her again, possibly adopting her if it works out."

"That's great, Y/n is a sweet girl. Smart, responsible, caring- I can do that right now for you two. Is Friday at noon good with the two of you?"

"Yes." They responded at the same time.

"I will warn you ahead of time, Y/n she's different then the other kids. She's very sweet during the daytime, but at night I catch her sneaking out every so often. Might just be a rebellious teenager. I see her grabbing a bag before leaving. A small duffle."

"Well if this goes as we plan then I'm sure we can handle it. Can't we?" Steve directs the last of his statements at his husband who nods in agreement.

A/N: Hi everyone it's Ray! Your favorite author(just kidding) I wanted to inform you all of something real quick but before that I want to wish everyone a happy September 21. Now on to my announcement, I will be taking a brief vacation from wattpad. Not literally though there's a pandemic. Just a break for at least a few days up to a week. So in case any of you think I died, i didn't. I'm not sure when I will be starting this break but it will be somewhat soon. I want to see if it helps with a rough patch I am currently in or not. If it does I will be on wattpad less however I love it too much to fully stop. That's all for now so peace out girl scouts! Ray out!