[chapter: 19] Hurt

AVENGERS X READER:

It was a relaxing day in the tower, most of the team had a day off. Except for Natasha and Clint who were on a last minute mission. Some of the team occupied themselves with something, Wanda and Vision were on date, Bruce and Tony were in the lab and the rest of the team had found themselves watching a few movies in the living room. The group consisted of Sam, Bucky, Steve, Loki, Thor and Y/n. They got comfy on the couches, well all of the guys did. Y/n found herself on a small couch, where she had curled herself into a ball. She hadn't told her teammates yet, she hadn't told them she couldn't trust them. For reasons unknown. Throughout the movies she had grown tired but forced herself awake in the presence of her teammates. It was too difficult of a job for her and she found herself unconscious.

The team had thought nothing of it and let her sleep, it's been a long week for them all. As the last movie finished they found the movies boring and started working on other things. Loki went to his room to read while they got themselves snacks and drinks.

"Stop, please," A whimper could be heard from the living room. Y/n had begun murmuring to herself in her sleep, moving restlessly. The group hurried themselves to where she was sleeping. "I'm sorry... please, help." Tears stained her red cheeks. Steve was the first to try to wake her up, prodding at her shoulder slightly, shaking it slightly.

"Y/n? Doll?" He prompted, however she didn't wake.

"Y/n, it's okay," Sam said soothingly as they tried to wake her up. Thor rushed off to get Loki to help using his powers. As they reentered Loki found himself before the sleeping body, closing his eyes in concentration to wake her.

Y/n sat upright and when she was confronted by the men in front of her, she flinched. Y/n climbed out of the couch and rushed to her room. Locking the door and collapsing on her bed. Bucky was the first to get to her room and knocked somewhat aggressively as he tried luring her out. Steve, Sam and Thor followed quickly after him.

"Y/n, sweetheart can you come out?"

Y/n's mind went into a spiral, she remembered everything and was sent into a flashback.

She had hid in her room behind her bed, holding her hand over her mouth as to shush her panting breath and increased heartbeat. He had come home in a foul mood and was ready to let it out on her. His stomping feet had grown louder as did his voice as he yelled out, "Sweetheart!" Tears stained her face, ruining her makeup. He came to the door to their room where she had locked herself in. He knocked and banged at the door, trying to get in. She believed she was safe when she heard the footsteps walk away. However he had come back with a screwdriver to unhinge the door. "You're making this worse for yourself Y/n! Once I get this door out of the way you won't have anywhere to run!"

At this point no one could get through her. They decided to call Wanda as she would most likely know what was going on, due to the fact the two had grown so close.

"Hello? Wanda?" Steve asked.

"Yes, did something happen? I was a bit busy..."

"Y/n... shes, she had a nightmare and we woke her up but she rushed away as soon as she did. She isn't letting anyone in or saying anything. We're worried."

"Oh no, by any chance did anyone call her sweetheart?" She whispered in caution.

"Yeah, why?"

"I'm coming back now, whoever said that is in big trouble."

Wanda had rushed in moments later,her date following her.

"Y/n?" She got no reply. "Okay what the fuck did you guys say?"

"We didn't do shit!" Sam held his hands up in surrender," She freaked out after a nightmare."

"Who called her sweetheart?" Wanda whispered. The boys pointed at Sam accusingly.

"Okay I might've done something but I didn't know!" He admitted, "Is it a trigger word or something?" He continued.

"Yeah, it is. Look she probably didn't want you guys to know but," Wanda paused as she searched for the right words,"She was abused, in too many ways. Verbally, physically, mentally se-sexually... By an ex of hers and that word, that pet name is what he called her. He... he's the reason why she's so paranoid around all you guys. She's better but still gets nightmares about Jacob sometimes." Her words caused the men around her to gape their mouths open. In shock and surprise. Wanda got an override code from Tony and soothed her out of her flashback. As she got up and saw the men at her door she realized they knew.

"Um," She had started.

"You don't need to say anything. We won't hurt you."