[chapter: 28] Anxiety At The Venue 2/2

TONY X READER:

I finished cleaning myself up in the bathroom and talking with Tony.Who was waiting not too far away. I walked out of the lady's room, looking around before finding his face once more.

"Hi," I said softly.

"Hey," He said, a bit too eager,"I understand if you have somewhere to be but uh- do you want to stay a bit longer. I would love to get to know you a bit more."

"Sure." He held his hand out for me to grab. I looped my fingers around his hand.

"If you don't mind me asking, what provoked your anxiety attack?"

"No it's not a problem, I uh. My friend doesn't care much for my social anxiety and dragged me to a party across the street. I uh. The crowds got to me and she left me for the party."

"Doesn't sound like a friend to me, you should drop her. You'll be better without her." A disgusted and angry look was stitched across his face.

"Thank you Tony," I smiled. "But don't worry about it." We continue talking, he asks me about my life. What I do and such. I explain I'm a business and finance professor at NYU and that I live in a nicer apartment not too far away. A figure approaches the two of us. It was a large man, kinda shaped like a dorito but blonde. Oh, that's Captain America. I shrink slightly and lean more towards Tony.

"Tony," He greets his friend before turning to me, "I'm sorry but I don't think we've met, I'm Steve."

"Y/n." We exchange a hand shake which is quite firm.

"My friend isn't annoying you is he? He has a tendency to," He teases Tony.

"No, he's been quite kind." I turn to Tony with a smile telling him what words cannot describe.

"Darn, now I owe Nat 20." The two of us laugh at the bet he speaks of.

"I don't even bet with her what makes you think it's a good idea?"

"Well you don't exactly make good decisions too often so in that sense-" He was quickly cut off by Tony

"Well I make some good ones too? Right?" He attempts to justify himself. I try to suppress my laughs from rising out of my chest.

"You made a good decision to help me," I cut in to help him with his argument. "I would still be having a panic attack if you didn't stop by."

"Well it's nice meeting you. I should return to the party." He walks away to a redhead- who I assume is the"Nat" he spoke of before. He takes a 20 dollar bill out of his back pocket handing it over. She turned her head towards us. A sly grin stitched across her face.

"She knows everything and anything. I've learned the hard way not to bet with her. Looks like he found out the same way," He whispers. I chuckle lightly at his friend's antics. They are still staring at the two of us.

"I'll be wary. I mean her glare could kill someone in less then a second."

"Yeah, she has. I um, I actually have a question for you. If you don't mind."

"I don't mind at all. Ask away."

"If you're available then I could take you out on a date, Friday night at-hmm- six?"

"I would love to," I pull out my phone to possibly get his number. He pulls out his own with a smirk as he notices my actions. We exchange numbers before continuing our conversation. The world could stop right now and I wouldn't be able to notice. He doesn't walk away to one of his friends or stop at any point. The world revolves around us for this moment and this moment only. Eventually it gets late.

"I should head home, I have work in the morning."

"I'll walk you out, do you have a ride?"

"I'm going to call a taxi."

"Nope! I can drive you back no problem." He walks with me to the door.

"But you're the host of this party, you need to stay."

"I've ditched my own party before, sweetheart. No worries."

"Fine, only because you insist," We walk out to valet where his lamborghini is pulled up. I feel stares from behind me as I walk in. As he closes my door and moves to the drivers side I could find a small crowd nearby. I could find the avengers smiling to themselves through the tinted windows. Some were laughing wildly and joking around. The others calmed those who were laughing.

"I think he found his perfect match."

A/N: I have been thinking as of late, mostly about possibly ending this oneshot book. I have some drafts in store for now but I haven't had inspiration or ideas for new ones. I'm really unsure how I want to go about this, whether I want to take a break or just end it. Which of the two would you guys want? Peace Out Girl Scouts.

-Ray