Rex

Mention of PTSD

I pulled my hood over my face and kept myself hidden from the clones. My master had been killed and I was left on the run with no one to help me. I nearly bumped into a clone when a hand grabbed me.

"Sorry, my daughter is nervous around guns." A lasat said as he pulled me towards him.

"Move along." The clone ordered.

"Yes sir."

The lasat led me away and I let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank you." I whispered as he led me away.

"Names Zeb, what's yours?" He asked softly.

"Padawan (Y/n) (L/n)."

"Might not wanna tell people that kid.... you're Master with you?"

I shook my head no and he sent me a smile.

"Hey, I'll keep you safe. I promise." He said as he ruffled my hair up.

A few years later

I walked beside Zeb and held my breath as Kanan and Ezra spoke to Captain Rex. We had came to visit an old friend of Ahsoka Tano's to get information and possible an ally, but instead we found clones.

"You okay?" Zeb asked softly.

I nodded my head and kept as far away from the clones as possible. Though that would be a problem when Rex decided to join us.

"You can't be serious!" I yelled after Kanan dropped the news.

"I don't like it either, but-"

"No! I won't work with a... a Clone!"

"It we want to win this then we have to take all the help we can get! I'm sorry, but you have to deal with it." He said as he walked away.

"Fine but I will not go on any missions with him!"

Few days later

I internally cursed Kanan's name as I set beside Rex. Both Kanan and Ezra had been kidnapped and so I was forced to work with Rex to get them back.

"This is stupid. Can't they escape on their own?" I asked angrily.

"If they could they would of." Rex said calmly.

I let out a groan and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Look I know you don't like me, but we both have the same goal."

"I don't remember wanting to shoot Jedi." I growled out.

"I don't want to shoot Jedi! Listen I know you hate clones! I know we did you all horrible! But we had no control! We couldn't stop ourselves! And if you would actually think about it we lost people too! I lost a bunch of brothers during that war!"

"I... I'm sorry." I said softly.

"I am too." He said as he looked away.

After that day I slowly started to warm up to Rex, though I kept a good distance. It wasn't long before I started to care about him... as more than a friend, but sadly my fear stopped me from saying anything.

"Talk to him." Zeb said as I laid on his bed.

"I can't... I just... can't." I said with a groan.

"Fine I'll talk to him."

"No! Zeb I can't get over my fear... even though I trust him... I can't stop thinking he will hurt me."

"He won't, and if he tries I'll skin him alive." He said with a chuckle.

"I just... I love Rex, but I also am scared of him."

"Trust me, kid if he wanted to hurt you he would of." He said as he sent me a smirk.

I nodded my head and let out a sigh.

"I'll talk to him." I said softly.

I quickly left to find Rex, to scared that if I waited I would never tell him. When I finally found Rex he was firing at a target with his blaster. I flinched up and backed away. I soon saw him turn to look at me and he quickly put his blasters away.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" He asked softly.

"I... um... I..."

I couldn't find the words, visions of the past came crashing down and tears streamed down my face. I felt a hand gently touched me and I jumped back.

"Hey, it's okay... it's me... it's Rex. You're safe." He said softly.

I let out a sob and wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him.

"I promise... I will never hurt you." He said softly.

He gently hugged me and I cuddled into his chest.

"I love you to much to hurt you." He said after awhile.

"I love you too." I whispered.

He gently kissed my forehead and I felt him smile.

"I promise... no matter what happens, nothing will make me hurt you." He said as he sent me a smile.