6- Here's The Deal

Chloe's POV
I slowly open the door to our house. I may be a little scared to how this conversation is going to play out. I see Beca happily playing with Jenni on the floor.
"Hey." I say quietly.
Beca looked up and her face instantly fell. "Chloe."
She's never been that formal. She's so cold. She stood up, grabbed Jenni, and walked into the kitchen. She placed her in the high chair before turning back to me.
"We will talk once she's put to bed." Beca said rather bluntly as she started to feed her.
"Okay. I'll Uh... be in our room." I say quietly walking up the stairs.
She's definitely still mad. I don't know what she's going to say. Please don't let her want a divorce...please. A few minutes later Beca came into our room arms crossed. She's being closed off... like the day we first met.
"Here's the deal." She said coldly from the doorway. "I will be sleeping in the guest room until we sort this out. I've already moved my things in there."
"Baby can you please just let me explain?" I say taking a step closer to her before she put a hand up to stop me.
"You don't get to call me that anymore." Beca said trying to hide the fact she was about to cry. "I'll see you in the morning."
I just watched her leave. What was I supposed to say to that. A tear made its way down my cheek... she won't even let me explain. I sit at the edge of the bed just looking at my feet. I don't know how long I've been sitting there crying but soon my alarm went off signaling I had to get ready for work. Work... I really don't want to go. I mean that's what caused this mess isn't it. I reluctantly stand up to get ready. I grabbed a baggy sweater and paired it with blue jeans so it still looks kinda nice. I grabbed some converse and didn't even bother to brush my hair or do my makeup. I went downstairs and saw Beca with Jenni. She nodded and handed me my coffee. I know I saw her last night but it's felt like forever. She reached over the table to grab her cherry chapstick. I quietly thanked her before leaving.
"Woah what happened to you? You look awful." Ava said when she saw me this morning. I just glared at her. "In the best way possible."
"Thanks." I say sarcastically. "But if you must know I didn't sleep at all. I was to busy thinking."
"What about Beca." She quietly asked.
"She's moved her stuff into the guest bedroom." I say sadly slouching in my chair. "I need to head to my class. Talk to you later."
I was sitting at my desk trying to find my lesson plans. After going through my bag I realized I left them at home. Of course I did. I brought my feet up on my chair pulled my hoodie over my legs, brought my hood up, and resorted to turtle form. Much to my protests I let a few tears escape from my eyes.
"Um... Mrs Mitchell?" Rose said timidly causing me to lift my head. "Are you okay?"
"Uh yes, yes I'm fine." I say sitting properly in my chair and wiping my eyes. "Do you need anything?"
"It's just the bell rang... so you need to start vocal warmups." She said still timid.
"Right." I say taking a deep breath before moving to the middle of the classroom. "Um let's start with... with... you know what rose why don't you lead the warmups today."
"Okay?" She said giving me a questing look. "Let's start with our g major scales."
I couldn't do it. I haven't slept at all and I just feel like crying. Once they finished everyone was looking at me. I was brought out of my thoughts by Lily.
"Um... do you need to like talk or something?" Lily asked awkwardly as the class agreed. "You seem... off."
"Uh I just... had a ruff night is all." I say trying to give my most convincing smile. "Today we will be having free time but no phones."
Everyone nodded and almost immediately everyone started talking. Rose and Lily quickly moved to stand by my desk where I continued to mope.
"Did someone die?" Lily asked bluntly.
"Don't say it so simply!" She said hitting her arm. "She could be grieving for all we know!"
"Sorry." She said rubbing her arm.
They're so much like me and Beca. So cute together. I feel tears burning my eyes. Shit I can't start crying again. Just kidding apparently I can.
"Look you made her cry!" Rise said looking worried. "Whoever died must have been very important."
"No it's not like that it's just..." I took a calming breath before I continued. "Me and Beca got into a fight yesterday."
"Well why don't you just make up?" Lily asked simply.
"This particular situation is more complicated than that." I say with a glum look. "I'm sure we will be fine though."
"My parents only got divorced when they started sleeping in separate rooms. I mean as long as you two stay in the same room your marriage should be safe." Lily said. Does she really think that's helping!
"What!" I said louder than intended.
"She slept in the guest bedroom didn't she." Rose asked quietly only to get a nod. "Oh no! You guys can't break up! You've been together for years!"
"I won't let that happen so don't worry." I say giving her a half hearted smile. "Rose watch the class I need to grab a coffee from the teachers lounge."
"Yes ma'am." She said giving me a salute which brought a genuine smile to my face.
—————————————————–
Becas POV
I can't sleep. There are no arms around my waist. There is no soft breath on my neck. There are no tangled legs. No soft snores. There is no Chloe. Why am I doing this again? Right she cheated. Maybe I should let her explain. No Beca stay strong. What's that beeping noise? My alarms going off? Great. I got pulled out of my thoughts as I slipped out of bed and got ready. I have to make myself look presentable. Cover the bags under my eyes with makeup.
"Good morning baby." I say as I grab Jenni from her crib. "Let's hey you fed."
I was sitting in silence before Chloe came downstairs. She looked awful. Almost like she's aged fifty years in one night. I grabbed her coffee and gave her a small nod. I noticed my lips were chapped so I reached for my chapstick across the table. Once she left I set my plan in action. It may be a little petty but hey, what can you do? I dropped Jenni off at Stacie's then drove to Chloe's school. I discovered Ava teaches kindergarten at the school. Only morning classes. That means once it's twelve she's free for the rest of the day. When I pulled up it was 12:30. Perfect. I slipped in the school and walked to her classroom I knock on the door then opened it. Please say she hasn't changed.
"Hey Ava." I say smiling. "Do you want to get lunch?"
"Beca hi." She said smirking. "Do you mean like a date?"
"Exactly that." A part of me is dying. But Chloe needs to know what it feels like.
"I'd love to." She said grabbing her coat.
Lunch was awful. She was constantly touching me. It was uncomfortable. I drove her back to the school but before she got out of the car I kissed her. It made me feel sick. It was minty not fruity. It was more aggressive no love. I pulled away soon after she smirked before kissing me again and leaving. What the fuck did I just do? I drove to pick up Jenni. I felt dirty. Soon enough Chloe was back from school looking no better.
"Beca." Chloe said nodding as she made her way to the stairs. She sounded tired.
"Chloe Wait." I say making her stop in her tracks and turn around. "I want to hear your explanation."
"Really?" She looked shocked. I just nodded. "Um so he hits on me a lot. And he backed me into the wall and was holding me there so I couldn't move or push him off and I Uh think he was drunk I could smell it from his breath."
"So... you tried to push him away?" I asked quietly looking down at my hands.
"Yes." Chloe said quietly.
I stood up and just ran over I her. I gave her hug burying my face in her neck. I was definitely crying.
"Thank god." I say quietly. "I love you."
"I love you too." Chloe said bringing me in for a kiss. She quickly pulled away liking her lips. "Why are your lips minty?"
"I Uh got a new chapstick yesterday so I used that." Yeah that's right just lie through it.
"No you didn't." Chloe said instantly making space between us. "I saw you use cherry this morning."
"No I think you're mistaken." I say getting more nervous by the minute.
"No it's still on the table." Chloe said pointing at it. Shit. "Who was it?"
"Chlo-" I say trying to get out of the situation.
"Who was it?!" Chloe snapped which is something she never did. "Was It Ava?"
I just looked down at my feet. I'm a terrible person. I cheated on her. Actually cheated. Oh my god.
"Right." Chloe said trying to blink away tears. "You can stay in the guest bedroom... I can't look at you right now."
"Chloe." I say grabbing her wrist. "I was being petty-"
"Save your breath Mitchell." She said sternly pulling her wrist away. "I'm going to call a lawyer to set up an appointment."
"And appointment for what." Is the room spinning or is it just me?
"A divorce you dumbass." Chloe spat taking off her wedding ring. "I won't need these anymore."
She ran upstairs and slammed her door shut. You really fucked up this time Mitchell. I slowly made my way upstairs. I went into the guest bedroom and cried. What am I going to do without her?
—————————————————–
Chloe's POV
It's weird to not be wearing it. It's been there for so long and now it's gone. To think I'm the one wanting the divorce. Me of all people. I just got off the phone. We have a meeting for Saturday. We'll start sorting out who gets what. I'm scared. I refuse to let myself cry over her. She doesn't deserve it. I lates in bed and actually slept. It was different not having someone to hold but I managed. This is going to be my new life.