3- First Time Away

Becas POV
     I was peacefully sleeping in Chloe's embrace when there was more crying. I groaned and turned to nuzzle my nose in Chloe's neck.
     "I got her last time." Chloe sleepily mumbled. "It's your turn."
     "Fine. I'll be back." I mumbled more the the bed that Chloe.
     I walked across the hall into the light grey room. It was really quite simple. It had a small guitar on the wall and a bookshelf full of different stories. There was a rocker in the corner and a changing table along with a crib obviously. It had nice touches from both me and Chloe.
     "Hey little monster, why are you crying again?" I asked lifting her up and moving over to the rocker. "It's okay... mommy's here."
     I rocked back and forth until we were both asleep. I'm pretty sure I fell asleep first. I was sadly woken up by soft giggling.
     "Good morning sleepyheads." Chloe said pushing herself off the doorway. "How'd you sleep?"
      Chloe was wearing a blueish green sun dress with white polka dots paired with some wedges. Her was down in natural waves and her makeup done perfectly. Why was she so dressed up? Oh right she goes back to work today.
     "As good as one can sleeping in a chair." I say handing her the baby.
"Hey munchkin." Chloe said tickling her sides. "Well if it makes you feel I did make breakfast."
"This is one of the many reasons I love you." I say giving her a soft peck.
"I love you too. Now hurry before it gets cold." Chloe said walking over to the chair.
"Your not eating with me?" I asked with a slight pout.
"No sorry. I need to Brest feed this little monster." Chloe said giving Beca a soft smile. "I'll try to hurry though."
"Fine." I said with an over dramatic sigh. "I'll see you in a bit."
I walked into the kitchen to see Chloe's famous pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes. I smiled at the cup of coffee sitting on the table. God this woman is amazing. I grabbed a couple pancakes before sitting at the table. I ate in silence while I scrolled through my phone checking various notifications.
     "Whatcha doin?" Chloe asked as she walked out of the baby's room.
     "Currently eating my wife's amazing pancakes while answering work emails." I say smiling. "I'm very exciting."
     "Oh totes." Chloe said smiling. "Now I think Jenni needs some mamma hugs and kisses."
     "Oh no." I say taking her from Chloe. "I guess I'll have to suffer."
     "You're so weird." Chloe said before grabbing her own pancakes.
"It's part of the Mitchell charm you should know this by now." I said tickling Jennis side. "You're probably going to have it too."
     "Nope." Chloe said popping the p. "She'll have the Beale charm. You might have experienced it before. Its where we go into peoples showers and make them sing. Works every time."
     "Don't give her ideas." I say with a pointed look.
     "Sorry." Chloe said with her adorable giggle. "But I need to head to work. There should be plenty of milk in the fridge. See you in a bit."
     "See you in a bit." I echoed giving her a brief kiss on the lips. "Tell the kids I said hi."
     "Will do." She said grabbing her keys. "Bye Jenni."
     I stood there holding the baby as I watched my wife leave. I stood looking at the door for awhile before I looked at the small baby in my arms.
     "Looks like it's just you and me kiddo. So what do you want to do?" I asked only to get baby nonsense.
—————————————————–
Chloe's POV
     I walked the familiar halls of the middle school I teach at. For some reason I thought middle schoolers would be fun teach. It is in ways but it's also quite draining with all the hormones and such. But considering I teach music and am married to Beca Mitchell I'm pretty well known by the students and other staff members. I quickly head to the music room to see everything how I left it. No instruments broken while I was on my leave. I glanced at my watch and saw my first class was in a few minutes.
     "Mrs Mitchell your back." One of my favorite students said with a bright smile.
     "Yes I am. It's good to see you again Rose." I say returning the smile. "I hope you didn't get lazy with your voice warmups while I was gone."
     Yes I make them all do vocal exercises. No one is getting nodes on my watch. Especially Rose. She reminds me of, well me.
     "I would never." She said with a look of horror before taking her seat.
     Next walked in my other favorite student Lily. She always has headphones on and has sort of a badass look. So basically Beca but younger and slightly taller. She was looking down at her phone so she didn't even see me. Guess she'll be in a shock when I take her headphones. Soon enough the entire class was seated and the bell had rung.
     "Alright, I don't know if the substitute was easy on you but we will be having an intense day." I say gaining the classes attention all except Lily who was still on her phone. "Lily care to show the class what you're listening to?"
     She didn't hear me so I decided to take matters into my own hands. I smirked before walking over and removing her headphones and taking her phone.
     "Dude what the fuck." She said before immediately placing a hand over her mouth.
     "I see the sub did go easy on you." I say smirking placing her things on my desk. "In case you forgot my rules I'll repeat them. One, no swearing in the classroom, two, no phones, three you break it you pay for it."
     "Sorry Mrs Mitchell." She said sheepishly. "I didn't know you were back."
     "I noticed." I say laughing.
     "Do you have any pictures of the baby we can see?" Rose almost immediately asked.
     "I do." I say with a small smile. "The baby now officially has a name by the way. Her name is Jennifer or Jenni Mitchell."
     "Cute." Rose said as I projected a picture I took of Beca and Jenni this morning.
     "It's not that cute. It's just a baby and a woman sleeping." Lily said only to get it in the arm by Rose. They're best friends.
     "It is so cute. And it's not just any baby and woman." She was quick to inform. "It's Beca and Jenni Mitchell."
     "Okay do they're Mrs Mitchell's family. That doesn't make it any cuter." Lily said with a shrug.
     "You're impossible." Rose mumbled as she crossed her arms with a pout.
     "I know." Lily said with a proud smirk.
     "Now if you two are done bickering I would like to start my lesson now. Lily you can get you stuff after school."
     She gave me a nod before I lead the class in a few exercises to warm up there voices.
—————————————————–
Becas POV
      "Why won't you stop crying." I said with a helpless tone as I tried to calm the baby.
      She's basically been crying for the past hour. This is the first time Chloe isn't here and for some reason I feel like I have to prove myself. I refuse to call her. I've tried giving her some milk. Didn't work. I played with her. Nothing. And I already checked to see if she needs changing. All a negative. I have to call someone. I know, I can call Stacie!
     "Hello?" Stacie answered after a few rings.
      "Thank god. Stacie I need help. Jenni won't stop crying and I've tried everything!" I say holding the phone between my cheek and shoulder.
     "I don't know have you tried a teething ring?" Stacie casually suggests
     "What the hell is a teething ring?" I asked furrowing my brows.
     "First watch you language you are probably holding a child. Second it's the things Chloe puts in the fridge." Stacie quickly informed.
      "Oh that." I walked to the freezer and pulled out a ring. She took it and put it in her mouth instantly stoping the water works. "It worked! Thank you Stacie."
     "Anytime. Now is that it?" Stacie asked.
     "Yeah that's it bye." I hung up before slipping my phone in my pocket. "Thank you for not crying anymore."
—————————————————–
Chloe's POV
     The end of the day soon arrived. I didn't think I would miss all of my kids so much. It was nice being back but I miss my real kid. I was brought out of my thoughts by an awkward voice.
     "I'm Uh here for my headphones." Lily said gesturing to the object on my desk.
     "Oh right. Sorry." I say handing them to her. She turned to leave before I stopped her. "Can you play any instruments?"
     "Ah no not really." She said shuffling her feet awkwardly. "Why?"
     "Beca was talking about visiting for a day and maybe me and her singing. So I wanting to spilt the class in groups of two for our next project so they can also sing that day. The thing is I need someone in the pair who can play an instrument and I wanted to put you with Rose. I know she doesn't play one but I wasn't sure about you." I simply explained looking over my list. "But since you can't I can put you with Levy and her with Darrick."
     "Don't put her with Darrick!" She said quickly almost in the form of a shout. "I mean please don't put her with Darrick."
     "Why's that?" I asked furrowing my brows at her tone.
     She opened her mouth like she was going to say something before closing it. She thought for a moment before deciding on her next words.
      "Umm well you see... uh you know what it don't matter. You can put her with whoever you want." She said stuttering through her sentence.
     I put down my pencil now giving her my full attention just seeing how serious this conversation could be. I carefully thought of my next words.
     "Well... it's obviously something otherwise you wouldn't have told me not to." I said carefully knowing how her type works. "So if you want to you can talk to me. You obviously don't have to though."
      She bit her bottom lip nervously before she spoke up. "I don't want them to be in a group together because I know that he likes her."
     "Why would that matter?" Asked honestly baffled.
     "Because I don't want her going out with him." She mumbled quietly.
     "And why would that be?" I asked smirking already knowing the answer.
      "Well... I don't know. I just Uh know his type. He's a..." Lily paused for a moment thinking how to phrase her next few words. "Play boy. He's already taken several girls virginity and I don't want that to happen with Rose."
      "That's not the only reason." I sang never loosing my smirk as I continued to fill out papers.
      "What do you mean by that?" She said as she suddenly became very defensive.
     "Well let's see..." I said tapping my chin pretending to think. "You were flannels, your nails are short, and you cuff your jeans. You really make it obvious you're lesbian."
      "What?" She just managed to squeak out squeaked. "I'm not lesbian. What makes you think I'm lesbian?"
      "You do know I have a gaydar right?" I asked giggling. "And it's completely okay."
     "No it isn't." She said sadly. "I have a crush on my best friend. And if I told her she would probably unfriend me."
     "I don't think so." I said quietly.
     "Why not?" Lily asked furrowing her eyebrows. "Wouldn't she think I would try to get in her pants."
     "I don't think she's mind if you did." I mumbled quietly earning a confused look. "It's obvious she likes you back. I'm getting more of a bi vibe from her though."
     "How can you be so sure?" She said with a venerable expression. "And what if we break up and it ruins our friendship."
     "Can I tell you a secret?" I asked quietly earning a nod. "You two remind me of myself and Beca. You two will be fine."
      She just looked at me with her mouth agape. She definitely wasn't expecting that.
     "Now can you play an instrument or do you want me to pair Rose with the enemy?" I said with a teasing tone.
     "Uh no. I mean yes. I can play an instrument." She said still shocked.
     "Great." I say with my classic smile. "I'll see you tomorrow."
     "Uh yeah. Thank you I guess." She said before leaving the room.
     I continued to sort the kids into there respective pair. I really hope it works out for those two.
     "Hello Chloe." I hear a deep masculine voice that sends shivers down my spine. Not good ones ether. "Glad to see you again."
     "Uh you too." I say awkwardly looking at the masculine man in front of me.
     "So... are you still with Beca or have you decided to give us a shot?" Truman or Mr Charter depending on who I'm with said with a boyish grin that made me sick.
     "I'm still happily married to Beca thank you." I said quickly moving to clean up feeling very uncomfortable.
     "So how did your classes go today?" He said stepping so he was leaning over my desk uncomfortably close to my face.
     "Fine." I said making my way to the door only for him to step in front of it.
     "Did you have to hand out any detentions?" He asked leaning in closer to me.
     "Um no." I say try to create distance between us. "I need to get home... can you please move."
      He hesitated for a moment like he was debating about doing something before stepping aside still looking me up and down once again making my skin crawl.
      "Thank you." I say quietly as I open the door.
      "See you tomorrow." He whispered in my ear.
     "Um okay." I said before high tailing it out of the school.
—————————————————–
Becas POV
     "I'm home!" I hear Chloe call through the house.
     I quickly got up from our bed and ran downstairs. Once I got close enough I jumped into Chloe's arms.
     "Excited much?" Chloe said wrapping her arms around me to make sure I don't fall.
     "Shush." I say nuzzling my nose into her neck. "I'm tired and I want to take a nap but someone needs to stay awake because of Jenni."
     "Did she use up all of your energy?" Chloe asked giggling.
     "Yes." I mumbled into her neck. "I'm going to take a nap now."
     "Okay." Chloe said slowly placing me on the floor before gently kissing me. "Have a good nap."
     "Only if you have fun with Jenni." I quickly kissed her before heading into I shared bedroom.