Tagging along

~ Yusuke

"Fuck." I curse, trying not to blow up after Kurama told me he lost them. "Who the hell was that guy?!"

"Haven't seen him before." Kurama replies distantly, his eyes so cold they could chill you to the bone.

A silence settles between us as we stew over whatever the fuck just recurred.

We did not see this coming when we set out to see Kira tonight. We were just gonna ask her what's up with her trying to avoid us for the last few days, but to arrive here and see here place on fire while she was being kidnapped by some unknown demon...

"We should've gone and see her sooner. She's been acting out of whack for days..." I mutter to myself but hear Kurama hum quietly in agreement.

Releasing a heavy sigh, the fox turns to me, "Contact Koenma to see if you can find out anything about this demon." he tells me, ignoring the sarcastic 'yay' coming from my mouth. "I'll ask Hiei if he heard anything about a demon like this crossing from the demon world to here."

I nod at the plan. It's a start.

"She'll be okay. She's still alive and as long as she's alive, she'll keep fighting." I say, though I'm not sure who I'm trying to reassure more.

"We'll get her back safely, one way or another." Kurama states, before turning around and setting off to his part.

I watch him go; his posture is stiffer than his usual relaxed state. I know he likes Kira romantically and once we find this guy, I'm sure even I will find an inkling of pity for this asshole when Kurama tears him a new one.

I sigh before heading home. Time to dig up that horrible pink compact.

~Kira's pov

A cough wrecking my body wakes me up and the first thing I notice is that I feel utterly miserable.

I rub my eyes as they start to water because of an irritating feeling in them. It is then that I start to notice the soot covering my hands and the strong smell of smoke covering my body.

Looking down at myself through my moist eyes, I see I'm covered in soot from head to toe. What the heck happened?

I freeze when something behind me snorts loudly, making my hair fly in my face. Looking over my shoulder I see a scaly face just inches away.

"Uh..."

Another joins it, looking identical to the first. Leaning back, I see them connected to long necks and one large body and my eyes widen in recognition. "Oh, a dragon?" I muse with a raspy voice.

It pushes past me and I take note of the saddle and brittle on the two headed beast. Whose is it?

It halts in front of a stream, lowering one head to drink while the other stays vigilant.

I smack my lips. That water sure looks refreshing and I'm thirsty as hell.

Ignoring my headache, I crawl up next to the dragon, dipping my hands in the cool water. I wash off the grime covering them before cupping them and taking in large gulps of water. It soothes the irritating feeling in my throat.

"Hurry and clean yourself woman. We need to go." a familiar voice cuts through the silence, making some water slip down the wrong pipe.

Hacking up the water, my gaze lands on the demon standing at the edge of the stream several feet away. "Sesshomaru?" I rasp before falling into another couching fit, noticing that the water I cough up is black. More soot.

"What happened? Why do I look like someone tried to toast me?" I manage to ask once I catch my breath.

He stays silent, seemingly ignoring me.

"At least tell me where we are." I urge irritable, not finding the area familiar at all.

"Home." he merely states, turning to me. I blink in confusion. Home? Whose ho.... oh.

"What?! What am I doing here?!" I shout to my best ability, not happy that I somehow managed to land back in the Feudal era without my knowing.

Instead of answering, Sesshomaru says, "Don't waste my time woman. We are leaving before sunset. I advise you to use your time usefully."

I scoff. "We? We are not going anywhere. I on the other hand am going home." I tell him, getting to my feet, only for Sesshomaru to get in my way. That is when I notice something on him he certainly didn't have before.

I pat my chest just to be certain, but it seems he really took the necklace with the shard entrusted to me by Kagome. My way home.

"Give that back." I growl, trying to snatch it from him, only to receive a dose of pain.

Breathing hard, I narrow my eyes at him in spite. If I could just set him aflame with my eyes...

"I must congratulate you," I start, making his brow rise. "I'm not usually a vindictive or hateful person, but YOU.....!" I continue, wagging a finger a him. "You just made it to the top of the list of the few people I do hate."

"I'm honored." he states dryly in reply before turning his back to me. "I'll retrieve you in a moment. I suggest you make haste."

I glare at his back, weighing my options. I suppose I have little choice but to follow him. I need to take back that shard, but I'll have to be clever about it.

I turn to the dragon that was left with me with a sigh, "This is going to be hell." It only answers with a snort.