You're rude

"Can someone please explain to me why this random demon is trying to burn the village down?" I huff exasperated as I watch the chaos it's creating while Inuyasha runs to meet it head on.

"There are only so many reasons." Sango frowns, standing at the ready and waiting for a gap to step in.

"I suppose any gentle persuasion is out of the question." I muse.

Inuyasha whips around to face us. "Less yapping, more beating!" he growls.

"Yes yes." I sigh, cracking my knuckles. "Sango, perhaps you guys best start containing the fire before anyone gets hurt. I'll back-up Inuyasha."

Sango raises a brow. "If you are sure..." she says uncertainly.

"Please." I urge her. She finally nods and gathers the others to help her.

There is a second reason why I wanted them away from this fight. They could get in my way but try telling that without sounding conceited.

With them in the clear I point my finger towards the rampaging demon. "Inuyasha!" I shout, hoping to catch his attention. "Incoming!" I warn as heat gathers at the tip of my finger.

A second later, a bright white beam shoots towards the enemy, taking with it a dose of my energy. Inuyasha darts aside a split-second before it hits, running through the demon.

"Think he can spare a breath to share his intentions?" I ask Inuyasha as the demon stumbles backwards.

Inuyasha turn to look at me, his eyes narrowing dangerously, "I already know; to distract us. Kira, get out of there!" It is then that I realize that he's not looking at me but at something behind me.

As if on reflex by body dives forward, I feel cold air slicing at my back when I do. My hands touch the ground and I use the momentum to spring myself upward, and not a moment too late as the sharp edge of a sword passes where my head just was.

The moment I'm on my feet I only get a glimpse of burning amber eyes before I feel a fist plant itself in the side of my jaw.

I'm thrown back, making a few tumbles before my feet find the ground, sliding the last few feet before the momentum comes to a stop.

"Sesshomaru!" Inuyasha calls angrily but gets no chance to attack as the other demon keeps him from going anywhere. Looks like the sucker isn't down for the count yet. Silently I curse my less than fully developed spirit gun.

Pulling myself upright I rub my jaw which is throbbing uncomfortably. I keep from shivering as I feel a draft running up my back through the cut in my yukata and instead focus on the tall demon that seemed to come from nowhere.

Long silky moonlight hair cascades down the demon's back. His sharp face is marked with stripes on his cheeks and a crescent moon on his forehead. His stance is firm and confident. So, this is the infamous Sesshomaru huh? Inuyasha's older brother and pain in the neck.

"Who are you?" he asks in a monotonous voice.

I can't help but raise a brow incredulously. "And now you ask for my name?! Your social skills are really deplorable." I'm truly amazed by how rude this guy is. "I thought aristocrats had better manners."

His eyes only narrow in spite. "Answer me, hanyou."

My eyes widen slightly. How did he pick that up so quickly? Most take me for a human and I don't really blame anyone for thinking so. I'm not looking demonic in the least and to be honest... I'm not very skilled with that side of me.

I tilt my head, returning his gaze. "Forgive me for not feeling inclined to do so." I tell him. Like I'm going to answer to someone with an attitude like that.

A twitch in his hand makes me tense up, preparing myself for his next move. "You dare defy this Sesshomaru?" he almost growls.

"I dare. Of all people, me especially." I counter. I put people in their place for a living and Sesshomaru, although I feel I have to watch out for him, won't be an exception.

"I'm not letting you terrorize my friends without having to account for it." I warn him.

He raises a brow, looking at me like I'm the scum beneath his boots. "Your misplaced confidence is pitiful. Die." he states before rushing towards me, his nails at the ready and looking ready to rip me to shreds.

I catch his wrist, guiding it down in the momentum, letting him stab the ground. I kept ahold of him so I can use his own speed against him as I swipe out my leg to knee him in the temple.

He grunts in discomfort before righting himself with me still clinging to his wrist. I try to take advantage of the fact that he only has one arm, going for immobilizing his remaining one. It's something Kurama thought me; to take advantage of someone's weakness.

Although, Sesshomaru having only one arm still proves quite the challenge, simply because he has more strength in that one arm than I have in both of mine. Not to mention his reach...

I have to release him as he pulls his arm towards him and tries to send a kick into my side.

Jumping back, I point my finger at him, feeling the familiar glow as the area lights up around me. Just as quick as I send lose my attack, he whips out one of his swords again and with a slash a wave of energy meets my attack, exploding with a fierce bang and a shockwave to follow.

I'm blown back, making me claw at the grass by my feet to steady myself. Though Sesshomaru doesn't seem to experience the same trouble as he comes dashing at me through the dust and blowing winds, once again trying to claw at me.

Lifting one hand just in time, I interlock my fingers with his and hiss in pain as his nails dig into the back of my hand. I flex my wrist to try and bend his wrist backwards to relieve the pressure. It barely has any effect and my eyes widen as a different painful sensation starts to wave itself through the previous pain.

I glance to see his hand glowing eerily and the scent of burnt flesh reaches my nose. My flesh I realize with a start.

Desperate times call for desperate measures they say, so I pull one of Yusuke's tricks from my sleeve... and head-butt the hell out of Sesshomaru.

He staggers, but so do I. Man, I wish my skull were a little thicker. But he did let go, so that did the trick.

Pointing my finger at him once more, he once again reaches for his sword. Expecting him to do so, I move my hand so my palm is facing him; "Shot gun!"

Multiple bullet like energy balls shoot at him, catching him off guard as it was not what he was expecting.

As they hit target, I know it won't be nearly enough to defeat him, but lady luck gives me a break when Inuyasha comes storming into our battle.

Given the chance to step back gives my body the excuse to cut of my adrenaline and very quickly I start to feel very pained and overheated. I wince as my head throbs and I start to get tunnel vision. Did I seriously head-butt myself a concussion?

The group is ganging up on a now disinterested looking Sesshomaru. It's like someone took his toy away. Hate to think though... that I was merely being toyed with.

The last thing I see before my vision goes completely dark is a smirk being thrown my way. I can clearly read the word 'pitiful' on his lips before he turns his back.