Getting a message across

~ Kagome's pov continuation

I decided not to wait and as soon as I got home, I set out to look for this Yusuke Urameshi. Kira spoke about him before and they seem pretty close. I wonder what kind of relation they share.

It takes a while to get to the part of town where she told me to go and it's already starting to get dark when I see a few food stalls up ahead. It's not quite dinner time yet, so it's still pretty empty.

I walk to the first one, asking for Yusuke. The man kindly tells me he can be found a little way over. He's the only one serving noodles. Quickly thanking him, I skip the next few stands until I reach the one serving noodles.

I feel unsure as I approach. Nothing looks out of the ordinary. There is only a young man with black hair cutting up vegetables and another young man with long red hair sitting on one of the stools eating his dinner. However, there is something about the two of them that is not like others.

Suddenly, the man with the red hair looks over his shoulder, his green eyes widening slightly. I swear I saw his nostrils flare for a second there, like Inuyasha does when he's taking in a scent although more subtle.

"Yusuke." he calls, grabbing the other man's attention. So that is Yusuke Urameshi.

"Yeah?" he questions before looking up to see where his friend is looking to find me standing here feeling rather uncomfortable.

Yusuke seems to size me up for a moment before opening his mouth to speak, "Hey, can I help you with something?"

I slowly pull out the wrinkled letter from my pocket. "Mister Urameshi, Kira asked me to give this to you." I tell him, coming close enough to be able to hand him the letter before taking a step back.

His eyes had widened significantly at the mentioning of Kira and he quickly folds the letter open, reading the contents. I'm not sure what it says, but I admit I'm curious.

"Are you a friend of Kira?" the redhead cuts in, making me turn to him. I nod silently in reply, watching as Yusuke holds out the letter for his friend to take who scans it over quickly.

"Weeks pass and this is all we get?!" Yusuke huffs, clearly irritated. "She didn't even tell us where she is!"

"She doesn't want to be found." The redhead states calmly, only making Yusuke growl.

"Screw that! I'm not having it! I'm gonna find her and drag her back home and you ain't gonna stop me!"

"I never said I disagreed." The redhead counters, making Yusuke visible calm down before turning back to me, no longer leaving me a silent spectator.

"What's your name kid?"

"Kagome Higurashi. Nice to meet you." I bow politely, hoping not to upset this guy again. Who knows what he'll do with that kind of temper?

"Ah, Kagome. You mind telling me and Kurama where we can find Kira?"

Oh, what do I say?

~ Kira's pov

I hum calmly as I brush a comb through Rin's hair. She doesn't mind me toying with her hair, better yet, she more often nods off than not.

It's times like these that I feel most at peace. Sweet Rin close, nightly critters bustling in the woods and the crackle of a fire warming me. I didn't camp out much before coming here, but I rather enjoy it.

I smile when Rin leans her whole weight back on me, indicating she's fast asleep. So I carefully lay her down beside a snoring Jaken before tucking a blanket around her to shield her from the chilly air coming down the mountains.

"Rin, she's not so lonely anymore." a voice cuts through the night air.

Looking up, I meet Sesshomaru's gaze briefly before scooting closer to the fire. "I can't stay." I nearly whisper.

"You have nothing there." he counters, making me huff in agitation.

"You've spend only a little time with me in that world and you think you know all about me? I have friends and responsibilities."

"A yes." Sesshomaru starts, mockingly. "Your poor attempts at managing a demon population in a human world. I'm certain they couldn't manage without you." he jabs. I barely resist the urge to stick up my middle finger at him.

"And your friends? I haven't seen any friends the whole time I was there. Apparently, they do not care much about your wellbeing." he continues, making me whip my head at him.

"The only reason why they weren't there is because I avoided them while you were being a pain in the ass." I sneer at him with a glare.

He smirks. "Afraid I'd hurt them?"

I scoff, matching his smirk now. "You couldn't hurt them if you wanted to. Remember?" I nod towards the bracelet. "Besides, they would tear you apart first chance they get."

Sesshomaru's smirk has disappeared. His face settling into something more indignant before becoming void of any emotion.

"Yeah, good talk." I mutter. Once again turning my focus to the flames, watching the light dance across the burning timber. I can still feel Sesshomaru's gaze on me as I try to distract myself, but it's like his eyes burn through me like lasers.

Sighing, I turn to face him again "What is it now?"

~ Sesshomaru's pov

"You don't think much of me, do you?" I blurt out before I can think it really through. But that seems to be a theme, doesn't it? I've done more than a few unsettling things because of her, starting with reviving her after successfully killing her.

I'm torn between blaming the cursed bracelet she put on me and myself. If I blame the bracelet it would make me look weaker to its effect and if I blame myself for it, it would open up possibilities I do not care to explore.

Kira pulls her hands away from the fire, intertwining her long fingers as she appears to weigh the words before they come out of her mouth. Despite her hot-headed nature she always seems to do so when asked an opinion and her answers are honest to a fault.

"It's not that. I can see the impact you have on this world with your strength and tenacity. I can see the impact you have on people, be it positive like with Rin or negative like with Inuyasha. You are a presence in this world that is quite significant and I'm certain you will do great things in the future, for better or for worse." she states with certainty.

"So there is a great deal to think about you, I will admit....." she pauses. "If only you weren't such a complete asshole." she finishes with a shrug, making me audibly sigh. Very amusing.