chapter...8

The mind can be a dangerous weapon in the wrong hands~unknown

It hadn't been a minute since I woke up in the hospital and I was already being bombarded with questions.

"Miss Johnson I understand that you are exhausted but we just want to know Mr Dawson's motive in keeping you hostage" detective Richards asked.

She was in her early forties but didn't look a day over thirty of course saying black don't crack wasn't a lie. She had salt and pepper hair and had an essence assertiveness in her voice.

"He said he wanted to protect me from someone but he never told me who" My voice was horse like sand paper scraping across the side walk.

"Did Mr Dawson ever say where he would go if things went side ways?" 

"Wait he's gone?" Fear evident in my voice.

"We can't seem to locate him yes, but not to worry we will keep surveillance over you twenty four seven."

"Detective I think she should rest now" my mother tried to hold my hand but I moved it away. I was so mad with my parents because of how they gave up so easily.

The detective sighed then closed her pad. She nodded her head and signalled to Stephan. He stayed in the room ever since I entered the hospital. My mother turned to me but I didn't look at her I just started at the sterile white ceiling.

Perfect from one cage to another. I thought silently.

"Let me check on your father then we can talk" she kissed my forehead then left. Stephan stood up with with his hands in his back pockets.

"Ah Jane there is someone you need to see although at first this may shock you" he walked to the door and nodded to someone outside.

My heart stopped beating and for a split second I thought I was losing my mind.The sandy blonde haired I thought to be dead stood right in front of me. His eye had a horrible bruise and his lip was busted. He had a bandage wrapped around his head.

"Seb" he rushed up to me and hugged me tight and I returned the same affection crying into his hoodie that smelled heavily like him. His scent brought me comfort, something about the axe and burnt fire wood was calming.

Lots of things were going through my head. How was he alive? What did Theo do to him?

"How are you here?" I sobbed harder

"Well that night I went to check for the animal then when I turned I got hit in the head" he sat in the chair next to my bed and held my hands. "I remember seeing him take you but I was too disoriented, next thing I knew I was getting beat up bad."

"He tranquillised me then kept me in a prison. Then the day you escaped the cops found me" he gently wiped away a tear on my face.

"I will leave you two alone" I almost forgot Stephan was in the room. When he reached the door I stopped him.

"Stephan" he turned "thank you for not giving up on me, I really am thankful" he nodded his head then left leaving Seb and I alone.

"Did he hurt you?" He asked worried.

"Physically no but mentally yes, I don't think I will be he same anymore." I traced his eyebrow.

"These blankets aren't warm enough wanna join me in this uncomfortable hospital bed" he smiled the kissed my forehead.

Soon Sebastian's even breathes filled the room. His arm was possessively on my waist like he was afraid to lose me again. To much was flowing through my mind. Why did Theo want to go as far as making me go crazy? I managed to slip out of Sebastian's hold and left my hospital room.

I walked out and down the hall I spotted a guy in a hoodie who looked vaguely familiar. I followed Theo and gained up on him. When I turned around the corner he disappeared. I looked around confused until a hand pulled my arm into the utilities room. 

"Theo what the fuck?" I whisper yelled.

"Nice to see you to" his jaw ticked.

"The cops are outside don't make me call them!" I said sternly.

He got closer and I stepped back he snaked a hand around my waist gripping it so I was pushed up against him.

"So call them?" He traced the length of my neck.

"You shouldn't have left, I can't protect you."

"I can protect my self thank you" I stood my ground.

"Ungrateful much" He said snidely.

"Oh you ass hole." I pushed him hard on the chest ready to storm out.

He pulled me back by the arm gently before picking me up by the thighs and pushing me to the wall. My body heats up with the way he grips my thighs higher and higher.

"What? Are you going back to your boyfriend? The same guy who can't make you feel the way I made you feel when I took care of you?"

I stayed silent looking him dead in the eyes. His eyes where blown with lust and I was hypnotised.

"Remember when you cried saying I was erasing you? Oh no sweetheart when you walk out that door, everyone won't let you be your true self."

"How do you think they'll react when they realise you are just as sick as me." he whispered in my ear before looking back up to look at me."

He grazed his lips against mine before I held him close and kissed him hard. He ran his hands all over me as I bit his lip. He hissed only edging him further but before we could even go far he pulled back gently dropping me.

"If I find out anything else about the person after I'll find you and tell you more. Take care of yourself" 

Without saying anything else he was gone and I was alone. Shame hovered over me and I rushed for the bathrooms. Splashing some water on my face, I heard someone walk in but I didn't pay any attention. When I lifted my head a figure in the mirror wearing dark clothing stood behind me. Before I could scream a wire was wrapped around my throat. The person pulled causing me to move back making them pull the wire tighter against my throat I could feel my windpipe was slightly being crushed.

I hit the attacker with the back of my head, which made them angrier. They threw me at the wall my head impacting me hard.

"JANE!?" I heard Sebastian calling out. The person threw me into a bathroom stall then ran for it.

Seb ran into the bathroom and found me crouched on the floor trying to catch my breath.

"What happened?" He picked me up and the doctors also came rushing in.

"Get the cops, she has bruises on her neck I think there was an attempt on life someone check on Mr Dawson."

I was mortified at the sudden events I cried into Sebastian's hoodie as he held me close.