chapter...3

People will notice the change in your attitude towards them,but wont notice their behaviour that made you change~unknown

"So what exactly happened?"Stephan was oddly patient with me as I told my story while crying I guess it was that saviour complex most cops had.

"After that day he changed a lot, no one had seen him for weeks"I bit my lip and picked at my fingers.

"Turns out he was out having a whole wardrobe and personality change."

Start of flash back.

It was late at night when I heard a knock at the window. I opened the curtains to see someone vaguely familiar. 

"Theo?" I gasp as realisation hit. 

I opened the window to let him in. He was dressed in all black sweatpants and hoodie. 

"I hope you didn't miss me too much." He hugs me pulling me in closer by my waist which was bold of him but the heat that spread out through me ignored and hugged him back.

"Don't flatter yourself" I whisper making both of us laugh. 

We laid on my bed like we usually do when he visited. 

"So care to explain where you have been young man?" I tease. His face hardens in the moonlight.

"I've been busy with stuff." He shrugs, I lean on my arm and look at him.

"Well what kind of stuff?"

"Listen Jo something is wrong, I'm not sure what, just be careful okay especially in this house." he looks at me.

"That's quite ominous don't you think?" 

He kisses my forehead and lies back down.

"Don't worry about it I'll fix things, on that note there is something I want to tell you" He sighs and I hold his hand. He looks at me intently.

"I can't pretend anymore, you need to know that I have been captivated by you and grown to want you each waking day." 

I sit up and look at him. "What are you saying Theo?"

He cups my face and gently strokes my cheek back and forth. "I love you Jane." 

I sat there stunned and remained silent. I didn't know what to do and with my lack of reaction he kissed me above my right brow and left into the night.

As I walked through the hall ways of Fallen Wood High with each person greeting me, as would be expected as one of the most popular girls in school. Then there were those with their subtly stares,  I always wonder if they stared in awe or they genuinely thought I was a bitch which really I wasn't.

I reached my locker and took out my books for first period when I felt a pair of hands sneak around my waist. I instantly new who it was when the scent of cologne engulfed me.

''I'm sorry, I know I'm a jerk and please the silent treatment is working I feel my heart ache without you''Sebastian hugged me from behind and kissed my neck but I didn't melt into his arms like I usually do every morning when he greets me.

I turned around and crossed my arms ''I told you not to bother him lots of times and you still did it''

 I was mad with him now. Seb was a teddy bear but his friends where alpha male dickwads which meant he wouldn't stop them when they acted out of line which was disappointing considering he was captain. His natural sandy blonde hair went darker over summer break

''I tried to control the boys but they didn't listen please believe me...Look I'll talk to them about it''I turned my head to the side then looked at his beautiful golden brown eyes that had green specks.

''What? You think I'm sexy?''He said teasingly and I tried to hide my  smile. 

''I am still angry with you''He gave me the puppy face then knelt down in front of me while people passed looking at us weirdly.

''JANE OTHELLA JOHNSON PLEASE FORGIVE ME!''He shouted causing people to stop their conversations to see what the hell was going on.

''I KNOW NOT WHAT I DO!''I started laughing and put my finger on his lips to keep him quite.

''Fine I forgive you now stop embarrassing your self''He gave me a stupid grin and kissed me on the cheek.

''I got you a present and it comes with an invitation to a really romantic date with me''I narrowed my eyes at him and poked him teasingly.

''You got me a gift''He poked me back then took out a blue velvet box ''Open it.'' 

I eyed him suspiciously and traced the initials JJ on them, when I opened the box my heart warmed but guilt quickly took over when I remembered Theo's confession last night.

''I remember when we went on our first date you said you liked it so I saved up and got it for you''

It was golden chain that had a sapphire diamond shaped like a rose and it had an emerald stem.

''I love it baby thank you so much'' 

He took it from my hands and put it on my neck.I turned around and kissed him on the lips. He kissed my forehead and we stared at each other enjoying the content moment.Until commotion turned our attention to a bunch of girls surrounding a guy who look vaguely looked familiar.

''Who is that guy?'' When the guy walked towards my locker I realised who it was.

"Theo!" Yeah the hoodie didn't do him justice last night.

He looked totally different, his hair wasn't covering his face like a curtain anymore. It was cut back and you could see his devilishly handsome grey slate eyes. He wore tighter fitting clothes which could make out his slender figure  that showed he got bigger over the weeks he was gone.

"Always the tone of surprise Jo"He gave me a teeth whitening smile and for the first time in our friendship I realised he had dimples.

"Hey Sebastian"Theo nodded at him and Seb was still in shock mostly confused.

 "Sup Theo...um sorry about the boys doing what they did last time I'll talk to them"

''No its cool water under the bridge, so we still on for tonight Jane'' 

"Oh I forgot I'm sorry I've a date tonight is tomorrow okay"He looked disappointed then his demeanour changed to rage when he looked at Sebastian, luckily the bell rang before fight could happen.

''Yeah tomorrow is fine, see ya later''Seb and I watched him walk to class in silence. When he disappeared Sebastian turned to me with his arms crossed and his face in confusion.

"OK what the fuck just happened right now?" I shrugged and took my books.

"Maybe he is coming out his shell, I kinda like it" Sebastian tensed up "No baby not like that, I mean he is changing which is good"

"Yeah I changed but that doesn't mean I go flirting up my best friend in front of her boyfriend really since when are you "Jo"he wants you."

I kissed him on the cheek "Pick me up at 8 okay, don't forget" he relaxed then kissed my hand.

''Bye beautiful''

''Bye handsome'' I walked to class and started thinking about Theo's new look all through class.

''Why would he change his appearance all of a sudden'' Stephan leaned forward with his hand on his chin. The air was warmer now and the sun was fully out. Shining directly into the diner making it look brighter.

''My boyfriend was right he really did want me but it was to late, I think he change because he wanted me to want him. I don't know okay .''The image of blood everywhere made the bile in my throat rise but I swallowed it. 

"So what happened next?''